N1S 2018 speed limit 50km/h -> 80km/h

Home Forums Hacks, mods and optimisations N1S 2018 speed limit 50km/h -> 80km/h

Tagged: 

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Mattijn StegemanMattijn Stegeman
      Participant

Dear all,

I found something interesting. Please give your opinion: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.20141002.8.2ca452e2JVMEMr&scm=1007.10009.70205.100200300000001&id=562768601125&pvid=aa08d4c1-310b-4227-b0ad-78fd00852cb5

AxelAxel
      Keymaster

Hey Mattijn, good point!

I was working on a post about that for weeks… so I kicked my butt and finished it somehow. Read more about this way of tuning in my most recent post over here 😉

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by AxelAxel.
      Humphrey van LeeHumphrey van Lee
      Participant

Anyone successfully did a ‘hack’? I’m fine with mine, but on long roads it would be nice to get that extra 10 KM/hr out if it.

John MikelJohn Mikel
      Participant

Hi H. VanLEE… I found on TaoBao another controller (only available on pre-order) that is more powerful than the models mentioned in the forum. The controller claims to output 110Amps.. It’s the ref. 72252. Which controller did you put in your N1S? The 72182? 65A ?

Here is a link on TaoBao
      https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a312a.7700824.w4004-16726280255.10.1cf9a9ebReHb8D&id=536332876560

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Participant

Today during the cleaning I noticed the magnet and part of the controller (? got a led on it) on the front wheel. That made me wonder, did anyone try to move, or even remove, the magnet? Would that fool the speedometer and you would actually go faster?

Anyone any thoughts on this?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/fDoJJmI.jpg[/img]

AxelAxel
        Keymaster

That’s strange! My limited edition 2017 does not have this magnet…

Cheers, Axel

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by AxelAxel.
        Attachments:
        Participant

Learned from the dealer today that magnet is for the cruise control.

NIUAndyNIUAndy
      Participant

I just got a complete controller (72182) including cables and mounting racket, which I ordered from taobao.

Unfortunately the kit does not fit for the 2018 (EU4) Version of the N1S because the EU4 has a different controller than the non EU4 Version.

So if anybody is interesting in the controller kit, it is now for sale (in Germany).

Participant

Oh really? I ordered the same kit from Taobao 🙁 Do the connectors fit? But it does not work?

NIUAndyNIUAndy
      Participant

I ordered the same kit at another store. The problem is, that the original controller has no second connector for the small Y-cable. So it seems to be completely other wiring…

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by NIUAndyNIUAndy.
      Participant

[quote quote=732]Today during the cleaning I noticed the magnet and part of the controller (? got a led on it) on the front wheel. That made me wonder, did anyone try to move, or even remove, the magnet? Would that fool the speedometer and you would actually go faster? Anyone any thoughts on this? [/quote]

Anyone any thoughts about this? Is it modifiable?

kungfulorekungfulore
      Participant

I’ve found the following guide, which is supposed to work with the previous model.

Does anyone know if this could work with the N1S 2018?

Make sure the side-stand is folded in. Switch your NIUs ‘ignition’ on with the key, put it into 2nd “gear”.

Switch power off again (using the key)

Press and hold(!) the START button as well as the handbrake (left or right – doesn’t matter)

Now switch power on again (using the key) while still holding START and brake and wait 2 seconds.

Release START and brake the same time.

Now press the START button an brake again and hold them for 10 seconds (or more)

Release START while holding the brake for another second before releasing it, too.

Power your NIU off and on again

AxelAxel
        Keymaster

Nice find… It’s been posted on myniu.org on this page first 😉

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by AxelAxel.
      Max WestenMax Westen
      Participant

[quote quote=761]

Today during the cleaning I noticed the magnet and part of the controller (? got a led on it) on the front wheel. That made me wonder, did anyone try to move, or even remove, the magnet? Would that fool the speedometer and you would actually go faster? Anyone any thoughts on this?

Anyone any thoughts about this? Is it modifiable?[/quote]

Theoretically it should be possible to put the magnet and the reed-switch a bit higher. It should go a bit faster then (not on the speedometer, because that thinks you are going the same speed as before).
      You could try to see your max-speed with a gps-speed app on your phone/gps, thry to put the magnet and reed switch higher (ie more to the rim of the wheel) and try again to see what you’ve gained…

I think the speed improvement will be only marginal, but it’s worth a shot (can make the difference of being passed by e-bikes or not).

Please let us know if you’ll try it and what the results are!

Max

kungfulorekungfulore
        Participant

So many thanks to you for the guide Axel 😉 When you say that’s not working on 2017 n1s I guess it also include n1s 2018 (maybe even the same model?), right?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by kungfulore. Reason: Wrong reply button
      John MikelJohn Mikel
      Participant

Bought a controller… big bad ass controller…

Now good luck to figure out the cables…

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by John MikelJohn Mikel.
      Attachments:
      Participant

Wow, that looks different then the one I ordered. You have one plug, mine has 2. Could that be the difference between 2017 and 2018 version?

Still waiting for mine from Taobao to arrive though, has been 4 weeks already. :-/

Participant

[quote quote=787]Bought a controller… big bad ass controller… Now good luck to figure out the cables…[/quote]

And? Did it work? If so I want to order the same 🙂

Enrico AtworkEnrico Atwork
      Participant

Has anybody managed to install and make the new controller work? If so, does your battery mileage decrease a lot?

Right now, with the original controller in my 2018 N1 model I manage to make 6km each 10%.

I would love to try to install the 60kmh controller, I think it is enough for me, just that little extra speed without losing too much range and most of all, lowering the risk of getting a big fine 😉

Please share your experience if you can!

Cheers.

Participant

[quote quote=787]Bought a controller… big bad ass controller… Now good luck to figure out the cables…[/quote]

Did it work?

John MikelJohn Mikel
        Participant

How did you speed up your original controller?

Participant

I did not, I ordered the controller but was lucky to be able to cancel it. So now I’m back to square one 🙁 Waiting for a solution.

John MikelJohn Mikel
      Participant

The controller is not compatible with the european version of the controller. There is a 6 pin connector (hall) that is not in the EU version.

Some soldering and doc reading will be required… investigating

Anonymous
      Inactive

[quote quote=741]I… So if anybody is interesting in the controller kit, it is now for sale (in Germany).[/quote]

After I checked my 2017 controller. But I think I cannot PM here.

Enrico AtworkEnrico Atwork
        Participant

[quote quote=832]

I… So if anybody is interesting in the controller kit, it is now for sale (in Germany).

After I checked my 2017 controller. But I think I cannot PM here.[/quote]

Hey Andy, did you check your controller? Would it be compatible with the one on sale from China?

Is there anyone around who has tried the mod, or knows somebody in Europe who did it?

Participant

[quote quote=776]That’s strange! My limited edition 2017 does not have this magnet… Cheers, Axel[/quote]

Just returned from the dealer today to have the software upgraded and the guy removed the magnet. It appears it is not for cruise control after all, it is a speed limiter. Cruise control is still working fine and now it does not throttle back anymore when going down hill. 🙂

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.