Making the N1s faster

Home Forums Hacks, mods and optimisations Making the N1s faster

Viewing 123 reply threads
  • Author
      AxelAxel
      Keymaster

Because this is, and probably will ever be the #1 question asked, and the corresponding FAQ entry got by far the most hits, it had to be done: The dedicated making-it-faster-post available here: http://www.myniu.org/making-the-n1s-faster/

As the comments thread grew longer and longer, there was the wish to create a forum thread – and as you know, your wish is my command πŸ˜‰
      So its been copied over here to make it more readable and make formatting, attachments etc. possible…

• This topic was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by AxelAxel.
      Mattijn StegemanMattijn Stegeman
      Participant

Good one!

I was wondering what controller I should buy. I want to go ~60km/h. I don’t want to go too fast because it will drain the battery for sure. And can this always be put back without losing guarantee?

Thank you for this article!!!

AxelAxel
      Keymaster

Yeah, first and foremost, this “mod” is totally reversible. Just remove the 2nd controller and Y-cable, reconnect the original one to the motor and everything’s as before. But as always: If you killed your motor/battery using this tunig method, reversing won’t help… I have to say that, right? πŸ˜‰

It’s actually difficult to say what model you should choose. For just 60km/h the 72152 should be sufficient.
      But to my understanding you can completely program the Ling Bo controller… and because the price difference is just $30, I’d go for the 72182 like offered in
      this kit. You could then limit the ‘oooomp’ through software then.
      OTOH it’s not very well documented (yet)… working on it.

Participant

Sure, burning the motor/battery is your own responsibility.

It should be perfect if the speed can be limited by a simple switch.. Do you know if this is posibble already?

It’s not possible to change parameters inside the current NIU controller?

AxelAxel
      Keymaster

Not out-of-the-box. That said, you can connect to the controller through Bluetooth (using a rs232-to-bt adapter).
      So theoretically it should be possible to change profiles on the fly… I’ve added a link for downloading an archive with docs, the software and an Android APK for Bluetooth control. Use at your own risk πŸ˜‰

Participant

Thank you very much! You’re doing a great job mate.

The only thing for me is to make sure I do have the type “X” controller. Do you know if the controllers from this link; https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=526970879733 contain the type “X” controller?

And what about the Wire-harness.. What gen. is suitable for the NIU N1S 2018? Makes it any difference?

I’m also very curious about your mapping? Do you already did some tuning?

AxelAxel
      Keymaster

First of all, I don’t have such controller nor did I mod my N1s (yet). I’m just the messenger, so don’t shoot me πŸ˜‰
      Also I have no idea if something got changed with the electronics of the 2018 models – but I doubt it. To me, those are more facelifts with different programming.
      The “X” type mentioned in the PDF files inside the archive are something I never read about before. Not sure if that’s really needed. All the Chinese how-tos I saw did never mention such as a must-have.

Marco PlechatyMarco Plechaty
      Participant

First of all, thank you for this article !

I own a NIU M1 pro 2017 and wanted to know, if this controller thing is the same in this Model or not. Maybe you have some Informations about this ? Or is there a Kit like the one for N1S?

AxelAxel
      Keymaster

I have no clue about the controller used in the M1, but I’m sure that theoretically this method should work in the M1, too.
      The cable harness is most likely different… have you tired searching e.g. Taobao for M1 controllers?

Marco PlechatyMarco Plechaty
      Participant

In my opinion, this way really should work too for the M1 model.
      But there is no Kit on Taobao or anywhere else to buy like for the N1S model 😒
      Searched for it 2 hours online ..

Participant

Of course going 80km/h will drain your battery. I found this battery on Taobao. What do you guys think?

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.201.242c1b1eHW078l&id=540740991940&ns=1&abbucket=7#detail

AxelAxel
      Keymaster

And you’ve read the post about importing batteries from china? πŸ˜‰

Kpout

Any news about M1 ?

Andre FAndre Fuegner
      Participant

Thank you so much for putting this NIU page together!
      I live in Shanghai now for 2 years and happily ride a NIU N1S Sport (1200 W engine, 60 Volt 26 A battery) now for close to 2 years and 2700 km. After reading your article I ordered an N1S 72182 Controller with the 2 Y cables and mounting plate from Taobao. Installation was pretty easy, took 90 minutes. Here are the changes:
      Factory setup scooter on main stand speed test:
      1. β€œgear” 19 km/h
      2. β€œgear” 39 km/h
      3. β€œgear” 53 km/h
      Real world riding up to 53 km/h with full battery.
      Dual controller setup (72182 added) scooter on main stand speed test:
      1. β€œgear” 38 km/h
      2. β€œgear” 58 km/h
      3. β€œgear” 78 km/h
      Real world riding top speed run 62 km/h lying on seat. Acceleration feels way stronger and punchier now up to 50 km/h. Above 50 km/h it runs out of power and more speed builds slowly.
      It might work better with a smaller 50 kg rider and not a 100 kg 1.90m one…
      Next maybe a the NIU 1500 W or 3rd party 2000 W motor…
      Again thank you so much…

AxelAxel
      Keymaster

Woo-hoo! Thanks for the update! Happy to hear that it worked, and happy to help!

Humphrey van LeeHumphrey van Lee
      Participant

Do you have a direct link on Toabao for what I should order? I’m completely lost with the Chinese. What should I buy (and how?) … NIU N1S

Participant
      Andre FAndre Fuegner
      Participant

You can use the Google Chrome Browser and turn on automatic translation of Chinese to your Native language. That helps a lot navigating Taobao. I bought from this Taobao shop:

https://h5.m.taobao.com/awp/core/detail.htm?id=562768601125&spm=a2141.7c.123456.d1&main_itemid=565825575329&go_item_id=562768601125&scm=1007.10765.82697.&pvid=8102ce6c-4082-41e4-951f-efc39c412bf0

With Taobao you need a working Ali Pay account. I do not know how do you order items from Taobao outside of China, since I live in Shanghai now. However there is also an international Taobao page. It should be possible to order from there. There might/will be additional costs for shipping and import/customs.

Participant

Very helpful, thanks! I just ordered it, at least, I pressed confirmed multiple times. Got myself the controller, cable and plate. (And a backrest in Matt black to match my scooter) I’ll let you know how it goes. πŸ™‚

John MikelJohn Mikel
      Participant

Great post ! I was looking on TaoBao some controllers and found 3 types… 72152 -> 60 Kmh / 72182 -> 70Kmh / 72252 -> ?? Kmh
      Any clue about 72252 ?

NIUAndyNIUAndy
      Participant

I ordered and just got the 72182 Kit. Unfortunately the EU4 Controller of the N1S has no 6pin connector so the y-cable can Not be installed and whole Thing seems so have Compleately different wiring…

AxelAxel
      Keymaster

Oh boy, thanks for the update and sorry for the disappointment.
      Could you probably post some pictures? Maybe it’s just a “plug issue” which needs another adapter.

John MikelJohn Mikel
      Participant

Same issue here my controller doesn’t have the 6 pin connector but I’m sure there can be a workaround with the second generation of controllers shown on taobao? Did your seller provide a solution?

Martin MiklavcicMartin Miklavcic
      Participant

The slow acceleration at high speed is IMHO just caused by the fact that on an electric motors torque is high on low RPM but flattens on higher revs.

PS: will get my N1s soon, so happy I found this forum!

AxelAxel
      Keymaster

Glad you’re enjoying this page! And soon your little N1s, too πŸ˜‰

Enrico AtworkEnrico Atwork
      Participant

Hey Andre, what model of the N1s do you have? 2018? 2017? (You gear controller is straight and black or round and gray?
      Could you give some more information about the whole installing process of the new ECU?
      Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

Another shop here (English):

https://www.yoycart.com/Product/536332876560/

Dunno about the variants β€œperfect” , β€œperfect function” and β€œeasy to use” though. They have tables with functions and recommendations, but those are jpegs and all Chinese.

Quben SitaQuben
      Participant

How did it go with you installation?

Celso

Hi Andre, cool another Shanghai rider, can you add me on wechat: Celso74?

so you think the 1200W motor is the issue for a heavier passenger, I tried one with a 1200W motor that went 75 km with me on it at 1.86cm / 95KG. It did have 3 batteries to make it even heavier so maybe some other tweaks can be made?

JaapL

Any news or options on the 2018 model of the N1S already?

AxelAxel
      Keymaster

I guess everything about the “news” are reported already. New cockpit and handlebars and minor things like footmat and spring-out footrests. That’s more or less it.

Obstler

I guess what the poster was asking for β€” or anyway, what I’m asking for now, is there any news regarding replacement speed controllers etc. for the 2018 EU4 models?

helloKitty

what about the N1S Pro version. 1500W motor. would be interesting to see how that ECU can perform.

(those are hard to find scooters, just saw they are sold again in China)
      I live in Xiamen, will try to get one.

AxelAxel
      Keymaster

AFAIK the Pro series are not going to be sold to the international market. We’ll get the GT and GTX over here…

Cactus-online

How affects the higher speed / the new controller the range?

AxelAxel
      Keymaster

User “Andre F.” might be able to share some experience here…

Obstler

Here there is a “for the design after March 2018”

https://www.ebuy7.com/item/ecfjgbacjghh

anyone know if this will work with the 2018 european models?

Jan Flyckt Hansen

tnx. for nice info. best regards from Denmark

AxelAxel
      Keymaster

You’re more than welcome, Jan!

Leo GeurLeo

Axel,

I’m looking to up the speed of my Unu scooter that is now limited to 25km/h (dutch law prevents you from wearing a helmet).
      But all normal scooters are legally limited to 32 km/h so everybody passes me;)
      I’ve torn the Unu’s computer apart and it looks very similar to the N1 pictures on this page. Will this second controller also work on the UNU 3000W version?

Kind regards,
      Leo

alex schwarzOliver Baumann

Why is nobody selling this as a plug and play setup for the 2018 models? I would be willing to pay 300€ if I can just order it and install it…

AxelAxel
      Keymaster

Well, in Europe you might get in legal trouble by selling it… that said, China is a different story.

AxelAxel
      Keymaster

Unu … well, while that’s a tooooootalyyyyyy different league (not ;-)) – theoretically a 2nd parallel controller should work as well. All you need is a proper cable harness which keeps the main-controller happy while the added DC motor-controller has the correct connection to the motor. I.e. you need a wiring-map.

alex schwarzOliver

You can sell it for experimental use only and in the end it is the buyers choice to drive with it on public roads. Maybe I have a big private property where I need a faster NIU… πŸ˜€

Participant

I don’t think it’s illegal to sell. You can legally bua all sorts of tuning stuff for motorbikes and cars. It’s then your responsibility to use it or not.
      I guess we are just so few, nobody gives too much attention to after sale stuff. I am starting to see way more UNU scooters around (I don’t really like their look), I wonder if they can be tuned up.

Leo GeurLeo

I did some more research and the Unu 3000W models have the LBMC072352 units in them. So I guess with the normal Ling Bo software you should be able to manipulate them. How and what to alter in the software I don’t know. Maybe Axel knows…
      The only thing missing to connect the LBMC072352 with your computer is an USB cable, I just ordered it from this site; https://www.yoycart.com/Product/536687560717/
      I hope I can connect it and program it with my computer.

NIUAndyNIUAndy
      Participant

I ordered the β€žV3 after March 2018β€œ version to test…should get the first testing results in a few days

AxelAxel
      Keymaster

Uhh, that’s cool and exciting! Looking forward for your report πŸ˜‰

Sunny

I am looking forward to your review. I will probably order it as well. I wonder if it can be programmed like the Lingbo controllers to go 60 km/h and not 70. That would make it still somewhat legal.

Participant

Hey Andy, looking very much forward to your review! Could you share the link of this V3 you are talking about? Cheers

Anonymous
      Inactive

For those who have received a 182-kit and cannot use it because of missing 6-pin hall control plug: I do have matching controller layout. I can buy your kit. Offers per email to x.10.myniu@spamgourmet.com
      I am in Germany. Will pay per SEPA transfer.

Participant

I’m Looking very very forward! Want to speed up my Niu N1s after 4000km so badly…

RickTRickT

Enrico, maybe it’s this one posted earlier by Obstler?
      https://www.ebuy7.com/item/ecfjgbacjghh
      I’d love to know too.

Participant

That one looks good, single controller. Connection looks correct. Gonna look into it too..

Participant

Very cool, this looks good. But does it go together with the actual controller or it substitutes it? I wonder if it is plug and play…

Participant

Ok, I have just ordered one….. I hope it’s not scam or the thing is useless. Can’t wait to try…. πŸ™‚

Participant

So one of my main concerns right now, before I even receive and install the thing, is if NIU finds out as soon as the scooter connects to them…

Jaap L

Any update Andy? Save us πŸ™‚

Sunny BSunny

I really doubt that they care. This method of using two controllers for more speed has been used since the N1 was first introduced in China – so there are many scooters out there that have this installed. Of course you probably lose your warranty.

Sunny BSunny

I think you still need to use two controllers at once.

Sunny BSunny

I researched more – you may be right – it looks like it is a complete replacement.

Here’s a video I found of how to dismantle the Niu to get to the controller:
      https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTY3MTE5OTUwNA==.html?spm=a2h0j.8191423.module_basic_relation.5~5!2~5~5!3~5~5~A

NIUAndyNIUAndy
      Participant

I now have the correct controller. Sadly it is not working because the cable is not correct (what the supplier said) i will have to wait some more days for the new cable…

Sunny BSunny

So is it a complete replacement or is it installed in parallel to the original controller?

John MikelJohn Mikel
        Participant

Hi Andy,

I ordered back in June another controller (Lingbo 72252) but the hall cables were missing and wasn’t able to connect it with the supplied cables back to the original controller to boost the speed. The chinese shop told be this controller is for the maverick not the niu N1S. So if you have any luck or other kind of cables or any other hack I guess i won’t be the only one to be interested… Keep us in the loop mate ! πŸ™‚

Participant

Andy, I have ordered the same kit yesterday. Was it a mistake from them? Or I need to order a special cable? Let me know if I need to correct my order right away!
      Could you please post some photos?
      Thanks mate!

NIUAndyNIUAndy
      Participant

It is, as far as i understood, a complete replacement. So the original controller is no longer needed. In my case they told me that there is a New cable available since this week and the old could be the problem i have now.

J Van BurenJos Brey
      Participant

So what parts do I need excatly?
      Thanks

RickTRickT

Thanks for the update ANDY.

Enrico, I hope your purchase works out. Fingers crossed.

Participant

Axel, do you think we could move this conversation to the forum so we can post photos in future posts? This is getting interesting πŸ˜‰

AxelAxel
        Keymaster

VoilΓ‘! And now go crazy and spoil us with your photos and stuffΒ  πŸ˜€

Sunny BSunny
      Participant

Great idea!

NIUAndyNIUAndy
      Participant

Good News, guys…

New replacement Controller for 2018 Version and new cable including another black boxed Controller which seems to alter the original Signal in any way works!

N1S now drivesΒ about 75kmh Maximum if you have few hundret meters for acceleration.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by NIUAndyNIUAndy.
      giovanni michelonigiovanni micheloni
      Participant

Hi andy

could you post the web site were you buy the items and specify exactly what to buy?

thanks

Participant

Hey Andy, that’s great news!

I just received mine and will install it this weekend. Anything I should know before I start? The instructions in the box are quite basic. Did you take a photo of the completed installation?

Cheers.

RickTRickT
      Participant

That’s awesome Andy. Reckon you could post some photos?

Participant

So, here are some photos of what I received from China (split in two posts).

PS: at first I thought I bought cakes instead of a controller. :-)))

Again, here’s the link: https://www.ebuy7.com/item/574038970322

Then you have to choose the right model for you. I also bought the data cable, but still no idea how to use it, there are no instructions.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Enrico AtworkEnrico Atwork.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Participant

Some more photos…. Andy, does it look like yours?

Attachments:
      Participant

By the way, if any of you is in Berlin, you can come and join me for the installation…

FuciFuci
        Participant

[quote quote=1316]

So, here are some photos of what I received from China (split in two posts). PS: at first I thought I bought cakes instead of a controller. :-)))

[/quote]

Hi Enrico,
        have you found a way to share the installation videos?

I also want to buy a controller from the link you’ve posted:
        link: https://www.ebuy7.com/item/574038970322
        Is the requiered cable set included with the controller?

Have you been able to gain experience on the road?

Greets Ben

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Fuci.
      RickTRickT
      Participant

Thanks for the photos, Enrico. Good luck! That is the “Replacement Control Of V3 After March 18” correct?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by RickTRickT.
        Participant

Yes, that is what they state. Although I have not yet opened my N1 to verify that everything is correct.

Participant

So, I have installed the new controller to do some testing and IT WORKS indeed!

Here are some photos of the process. First, you see the original controller and how it is installed in a 2018 model. Comparing the two controllers, you can see that the new one is bigger, which is a bit of a problem, as you will not be able to tie again with four screws. You can only put one screw in, then I used some tape to hold it in place. It seems pretty stable, I will check in a few weeks. You also have to fix the little box, but there’s space on the right side, so I taped it there.

Once you power the scooter again, evrythinglooks exactly the same. A first speed test on the stand gives me 29kmh on mode 1, 58kmh on mode 2 and 97kmh (!!) on mode 3.

I couldn’t test it on the road, but I think your weight will affect mode 3.

I would have to test also the battery life in mode 2 and 3 and see how much we lose in range.

Of course, please remember that this only for testing and it is illegal to circulate with it!

Here are some photos.

Attachments:
      Participant

One last thing to say, the app works well even after the controller change. The battery level was read correctly and the GPS position was found on the app.

Cheers.

Attachments:
      AxelAxel
      Keymaster

[quote quote=1286]So, here are some photos of what I received from China (split in two posts). PS: at first I thought I bought cakes instead of a controller. :-))) [/quote]

Really love the packaging… timeless! πŸ˜€

And great post about your success with your “experiment” – big thumbs up!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by AxelAxel.
        Participant

[quote quote=1313]

So, here are some photos of what I received from China (split in two posts). PS: at first I thought I bought cakes instead of a controller. :-)))

Really love the packaging… timeless! [/quote]

I know man, a bit scary at first, but I must say the seller was helpful and even sent me some installation videos. πŸ™‚

By the way, any way I can share the videos on the forum?

Guillaume LGuillaume L
        Participant

Thanks a lot Enrico. I live in Paris and i will be happy to test this mod too.

For the video i think you can upload it on youtube and post the link.

AxelAxel
        Keymaster

Linking Chinese video-portal videos is always a pain in the ass.Β As Guillaume suggested, use YT as a “hub”…

BTW: Quite some users asked me about a reliable source for the controller and some kind of shopping-list.
        Can you be so kind and share your supplier etc.?

Cheers, Axel

giovanni michelonigiovanni micheloni
      Participant

Good day

this question is for the moderator of this forum and it’s about how to know the manufacture date of the bike.

this is to order the correct device for the speed upgrade

thanks

AxelAxel
        Keymaster

Hi Giovanni,

AFAIK only NIU knows the exact build date of your scooter. But you should be able to figure out your model-year by looking at the documents you got from your dealer… or just compare the features with those described in this post.

Cheers, Axel

FuciFuci
      Participant

Hi Enrico,

have you found a way to share the installation videos?

I also want to buy a controller from the link you’ve posted:
      https://www.ebuy7.com/item/574038970322

Is the requiered cable set included with the controller?

Have you been able to gain experience on the road?

Greets Ben

Participant

Hi, I don’t have a Youtube Channel, so here you can download the videos:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/4928c56d72c12068a190b35d312c961320180917151623/38e08b

Maybe some of you can upload them and share the permanent link?

To answer Ben’s question: you just need to buy the controller kit for your scooter model and everything will be included in the box. I also bought the data cable but I had no use for it. There are no instructions so I don’t know how and when to use it. Maybe the video explains it, but it is in Chinese.

As for driving experience:

– Mode 1: 35kmh approx.

– Mode 2: 58kmh approx.

– Mode 3: I haven’t had enough time or space to test. After 60kmh the speed increase is veeery slow, you need a large distance. Then again, I’m almost 100kg, that counts.

Battery wise, I suspect you lose a bit, but not too much. I always calculated 6km each 10%, right now it could around 5.5km. But I need more time to test.

App is working normally.

Cheers

Jens StormJens777
        Participant

I ordered the same controller as you andΒ installed the it today. It’s bigger than the original, but I got it in place.

It works, but only on settings 1 & 2 (max 53 km/h). I can’t select the higest speed no 3. So, It’s not that much faster. Is that a problem you have heard of?
        Quben SitaQuben
        Participant

Jens – Still same problem? If yes i would uninstall everything and start all over from the beginning. Be sure to press all connectors together firmly.

Jens StormJens777
        Participant

Yes, I have installed it 3 times. After some initial confusing advice from the seller, it turns out it was correctly installed the first time. Everything works as expected except that I can’t select mode 3. When I re-install the original controller mode 3 works as normal. The seller will send instructions on how to configure the controller. To be updated…

Sancho PanzaSancho Panza
        Participant

Hi Enrico,

I have installed the 72182 on my 2018 after March, and everything works as you describe. However, I notice that the ampere never reaches 100% even though I give full throttle. It stays on 80%. Is your ampere meter showing 100% on full throttle? If so, any thoughts on what might be wrong on my end?

Speeds are according to your specs but the oumpf is a little weaker than before.

thanks,

S

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Sancho PanzaSancho Panza.
      Quben SitaQuben
      Participant

Hi, i ordered from the link supplied by Enrico and installed it today. Works like a charm. My N1S is manufactured 201801 (according to Swedish Transportstyrelsen). When i ordered the seller asked me to send photos of the existing controller and i did. The one i received is the same as Enrico got. Installation is easy, only 15 minutes or so.

DoC @DoC
        Participant

@Andy and BjΓΆrn, Β were your new controllers also larger than the original? Β How did you solve the mounting problem when you can not use the standard fixation? Β Any chance to position the new controller 90’ in another direction?

Quben SitaQuben
        Participant

You take away the old controller and put the new one either in the same direction or turn it 90degrees. I reused one nut to the new controller and some additional duct tape.

Participant

Congrats BjΓΆrn, happy to hear that worked for you as well!

Enjoy.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Enrico AtworkEnrico Atwork.
      Filip Halakpihl
      Participant

Hi guys. I have a question for those who installed the second controller… Do you reckon the upgrade was worth it, and what speeds do you manage to achieve in normal traffic?

Thing is, I love my NIU N1S, but I feel it’s a bit slow to keep up with the usual traffic. I have a dilemma of either upgrading my NIU or saving up for a more powerful petrol powered motorcycle/scooter.

Greetings from Croatia.

Quben SitaQuben
        Participant

I definitelyΒ think the upgrade is worth the money. Speed after upgrade is now between 55km/h to 70km/h depending on conditions. You loose a bit of range thoughΒ and cruise control is no longer working.

The replacement controller is a bit bigger than the old one. I used one of the existing nuts and woven tape to keep it fixed and in place.

Sunny BSunny
        Participant

quick question: does it accelerate at the same rate as before? Also, is there still that dreaded “TurboLag”, where if you accelerate to 40 kmh and then briefly let go of the throttle, it takes a long time to accelerate again? Thank You!

Quben SitaQuben
        Participant

Yoram;Β The acceleration is about the same as before, it’s a bit rougher at start but then it’s as usual. The acceleration after about 55km / h is slow.

Quben SitaQuben
        Participant

Today we had good conditions in Sweden andΒ  the N1S took me to 85km/h. Not bad at all but also a bit scary…

Jens StormJens777
        Participant

I got my NIU N1S in August, the tTransportstyrelsen states that it is manufactured in January 2018. Sounds lite it’s the same model as yours. Which controller did you buy? The β€œold” or β€œnew”?

Quben SitaQuben
        Participant

Same as mine, manufactured 201801. I ordered the new version of the speed box

Jens StormJens777
        Participant

It’s finally here. πŸ‘Β Is this the same as you got? Any problems so far? I will get instructions and a video link tomorrow.

Quben SitaQuben
        Participant

Good luck with installation. Mine works perfect, but as i said before my cruise control is not working and the side stand protection is out of work. Range is also sacrified but i wouldn’t go back to the old setup anyway.

Jens StormJens777
        Participant

Thanks! JustΒ to be absolutely sure:

And then, β€œ<em class=”otc-selected-option-text”>Replacement Control Of V3 After March 18”

What shipping method did you use and how long time did it take to get it?

When I get it, any chance to contact you for advise on installing it?

Quben SitaQuben
        Participant

Yes, that’s the correct one but they will probably contact you and ask for photos of your existing setup just to be sure. I chosed DHL delivery and i think i got it in a week or so. The setup is very easy and they will send you videos to walk you thru all steps (or you can take a look at the Enricos links above). As stated above the replacement controller is a bit bigger than the old one and also an extra small controller needs to be side by side with the new one. Depending on your skills you can drill new holes or use duct tape. I went for the lazy second tape choice πŸ™‚

Top speed is now good, but you’ll loose like 10-15% range. Also cruise control is sacrificed. Today when my battery went below 10% the battery counter acted strange and told me i had 0% battery left…

Sebastian RothmayerSebastian Rothmayer
        Participant

[quote quote=1445]Β Also cruise control is sacrificed.[/quote]

Mh thats interesting,because i have Order an other Replacement Controller from NiuTechΒ https://www.ebuy7.com/item/563552512497Β (N1S18-IDC Current Strip Version )and i can use it like before.

Eddy CurrentEddy Current
      Participant

Hi forum, I also got this one:

Pls see attached photo for what they sent. I have N1s 2017 model.

Speeds on the road are 25 in 1st gear, 43 in 2nd gear and 75 in 3rd gear.

Downsides: 2017 Nius have the turning knob for switching gears. That knob now acts like a push button. Scooter comes on in first gear and I have to turn the switch to position 3 or 1 repeatedly to select 2nd and 3rd gear and down again. Side stand safety switch does not work.

I will try to program 1st gear to run 55 kph with provided USB connector. Will post results.

Jesus MoralesJesus Morales
        Participant

Hi Eddy,

Can you explain again the turning knob fro switching gears problem in 2017 models? I haven’t quiet understood it.

Thanks!

Eddy CurrentEddy Current
        Participant

@Jesus: pre-2018 models have a three-position stepping switch for gear selection. Controller starts up in whatever gear is selected by that switch. 2018 models have a push button for gear select. Startup is first gear. On every push the gear will change in sequence 1,2,3,2,1,2…

With replacement controller I have to change switch positions from 3 to one or vice versa in order to change gears. The changes will be in above sequence. Any change between position 1 and three will have same effect as pushing the select button of 2018 models.

@Enrico: See uploaded picture. They gave me an USB adapter with only pins, connector housing is connected to controller harness. Software is for download at lingbo-mc.com. Alex also posted an archive.

Attachments:
        Participant

I see, but unfortunately my controller is different and I have no idea where to connect the usb cable. As you can see from the pictures I posted earlier, the cable open, stripped out, you have to connect cables manually on one side and the usb on the other side. Anyways, I am actually happy on how the scooter goes right now. Not crazy fast, but definitely worth the upgrade.

Eddy CurrentEddy Current
        Participant

Do like it says in the picture: unplug everything, plug the cable end with the black UART connector into your controller and push the pins of your USB adapter into the black connector with colors matching. Power for programming will come from your USB. Cannot break anything, only 3.3 Volts.

Participant

Okay I got it! Clear answer thanks again!

Participant

Hey Eddy, congrats on the succeful installation of the new controller. You say you will program it to modify the speeds in each gear. Any info on how to do that? Are you using a special software? How do you connect/communicate with the controller?

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Enrico AtworkEnrico Atwork.
        Jens PerssonJens Persson
        Participant

@Eddy Current, I guess you ordered the “Replacement Control Before March 16-18” For the 2017 model?

Participant

[quote quote=1415]Do like it says in the picture: unplug everything, plug the cable end with the black UART connector into your controller and push the pins of your USB adapter into the black connector with colors matching. Power for programming will come from your USB. Cannot break anything, only 3.3 Volts.[/quote]

Mate, sorry but this is not clear for me (I am no electric expert), nor is the explanation on the picture they sent you from China.

What is a UART connector?

Where on the controller are you supposed to plug it?

“Unplug everything” means take it out from the scooter and just use the black connector and the controller? What about the smaller box?

If you could be more clear, we would really appreciate it and the whole forum can learn from your experience. Thanks!

Eddy CurrentEddy Current
        Participant

[quote quote=1416]

What is a UART connector?[/Quote]

Universal Asyncronous Receiver Transmitter. Serial data communication protocol. A chip in the USB housing converts it to USB.

[quote]Where on the controller are you supposed to plug it?[/Quote]

Into the only one socket on the 72182.

[quote]β€œUnplug everything” means take it out from the scooter and just use the black connector and the controller?[/Quote]

Correct

[quote]What about the smaller box? [/Quote]

Leave it alone.

I noticed that cable colors do not match. Important are red and black for power. You have to try which of the other two are Tx and Rx (sender and receiver)

Participant

Thanks for the clear explanation.

Hopefully someone will also be so kind in the future to upload a photo of the actual controller-PC setup. I would do it (and eventually will) but I don’t have access to my scooter until end of October.

Jens PerssonJens Persson
        Participant

Hi

Are there someone who har pictures on how to connect the usb cable to the controller?

Also I can’t find the software on the lingbo site. Where do I find it?

Brg

DoC @DoC
      Participant

[quote quote=1421]Today we had good conditions in Sweden and the N1S took me to 85km/h. Not bad at all but also a bit scary…[/quote]

@Quben, thanks for sharing your experiences with the New replacement controller. Β  85km/h sounds scary.

Did anyone of you who bought theΒ https://www.ebuy7.com/item/574038970322

replacement controller for 2018 V3 Β  Managed to adjust the speed limits for the different gears?

I would like to find a solution with maximum speed of 55-60 km/h. Β Not too fast to make police interested in the scooter! Β And at the same time not too slow to be blocking traffic!

The speed limit of 45 km/h for EU scooters is causing more problems and accidents than a higher speed limit would do!

Fredrik SvenssonFredrik Svensson
      Participant

How fast/slow was the delivery when buying the controller from ebuy7?

Eddy CurrentEddy Current
        Participant

Ebuy7 back orders from Taobao sellers. Took 4 working days, including 2 days shipment within China. Express from Honkong was another two days, so count on 10 days door to door.

Participant

Hello all,

I found in German elektroroller forum a link to a tutorial about Mavericks control 72182HJ2X (same as ebuy7 product I guess)

https://translate.google.de/translate?hl=de&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhanlmotor.com%2Fh-nd-25.html%23_np%3D2_335&sandbox=1

For chinese fluent speakers ;P http://hanlmotor.com/h-nd-25.html

In the tutorial they talk about a harness to fit it into the scooter + all the software debugging + locked/unlocked modes

Did any of you received and fitted the harness? (seems better than tape solution)
      What about the software?

What about the locking functionalities? (some videos at the end of the page)

Best regards

Eddy CurrentEddy Current
        Participant

Not same product, I got HJ3A model from ebuy. It is a single replacement controller plus some adapter box.

HJ3A does not have extra 6 pin socket for motor hall sensors.

Attachments:
        Lukasz WLukasz W
        Participant

Were you able to successfully connect the ECU? I got mine today but I have no idea what to do with these both connectors. I Installed it and I got error 191 on the display and READY sign is already there on without pressing green button to activate it. NIU is not starting to ride

Any idea?

Thanks,

Lucas

Attachments:
        Sebastian RothmayerSebastian Rothmayer
        Participant

Hello Lukasz,

the cabling looks wrong.

you must disconnect the Hall sensor cable and connect it with the new controller board.

Attachments:
        Eddy CurrentEddy Current
        Participant

[quote quote=1456]Were you able to successfully connect the ECU? I got mine today but I have no idea what to do with these both connectors. I Installed it and I got error 191 on the display and READY sign is already there on without pressing green button to activate it. NIU is not starting to ride Any idea? Thanks, Lucas[/quote]

Those 6 pin white connectors are for motor hall sensors. From your photo I guess that you have a post 03/2018 Niu. Do as pictured.

Attachments:
        Lukasz WLukasz W
        Participant

Thank you very much for the hint, it worked. Once connected, LED in ECU started blinking and it was already a good message.

Three points I realized:

1. Cruise control is still working (I might seen that someone said that it stopped working)
        2. Ready Status via green Start button will pass over even if NIU has side stand open (before it was not possible)
        3. NIU is more “aggressive” and sensible which is a great feeling

Test on the Stand is impressive!

Attachments:
      Peter BeckersPeter Beckers
      Participant

Hello there. I am new on the forum. I bought myΒ  N1s in september.

The speed was then max. 48km/u. My dealer was telling me that there was an upgrade that he could install. This upgrade he told me was for the M1 but maybe it worked also for the N1s.

After the upgrade the speed was 53km/u, but when i reached this speed, the limiter dropped the speed down again to 48km/u.

I saw the comment elswere on the forum about the magnet at the front wheel, and I compleetly removed the magnet.

After that the speed gained up to 55km/u en did not reduce it anymore.

It is maybe not possible, but I believe the tork was also better

Greetings Peter.

Jan ReinersJan Reiners
        Participant

Hi Peter,

that sounds great. Can you maybe share some more information on that update? The 1000 km service will be done on my Niu N1S and with that information I could ask my dealer to get the same treatment πŸ™‚

Thank you and best regards
        Jan

Peter BeckersPeter Beckers
      Participant

Hi Jan,

Just ask the dealer that you’ve heard that there was a upgrade for the M1 that also must work for the N1s. Some owners from the M1 has complained that their scooter where to slow, so my dealer has get the modification from the Niu.comp.

So if you managed to get the modification, and you have the same problem what I have had, ( over 53km/u and then slowing down ) then you can remove the magnet on the front wheel, or place it a little bit higher. It fouls then the limmiter I think.

Succes,

Regards, Peter

Suen GGYuan G
      Participant

After receiving my 17282 DC for the NIU N1S, I quickly tried to install it without any instructions on how to do so or whatever, I wasn’t patient enough to just wait until I got the instructions and then install it.

Now my NIU doesn’t drive anymore, although everything else works the screen, switching modes, ready button, etc etc. Does someone know what I should do? I really hope the dealer can fix it.

Attachments:
        Lukasz WLukasz W
        Participant

It looks like your 6 pin connectors are totally wrongly connected (I had the same problem yesterday, see above reply from Eddy Current).

What you can try (and this helped me) is to connect 6 pin connectors again but keep in mind do it only like indicated on the pic. For No.1 (connect connector 1 with 1). Don’t connect No.2 with 2, leave them free!

Attachments:
        Suen GGYuan G
        Participant

Even after doing what you said of connecting the 1 to 1 and leaving the 2 unconnected, the NIU still does not have “ready” and the “modes”. I suppose there’s something much worse wrong with my NIU since it doesnt even work with the original controller.

Any advice on what I can do?

Chris JohnsonChris Johnson
      Participant

Hello there. Did someone know if you can update the N1S firmware after changing the controller, please?

Suen GGYuan G
      Participant

Even after doing what you said of connecting the 1 to 1 and leaving the 2’sΒ unconnected, the NIU still has the constant”ready” and theres no “modes”. I suppose there’s something much worse wrong with my NIU since it doesnt even work with the original controller.

Any advice on what I can do?

Anton SjΓΆqvistAnton SjΓΆqvist
      Participant

Hi

I have a 2017 Niu N1S. I have tried to read if there is a working controller for this model/year and EU-modell. Does anyone have this working on their bike? Witch controller works?
      Regards

Eddy CurrentEddy Current
        Participant

See my post #1399 above. Most offers let you choose between pre 03/2018 and post 03/2018 models.

Sunny BSunny
      Participant

just received the controller for my 2018 Niu N1.

It is different than the ones you guys have on your photos. It is an “LBMC060182HJ3a-M6”. I can’t find it anywhere online. This is rated for 60v not 72 like the rest. What I noticed immediately:

• acceleration from a standstill is no longer as smooth – the only negative thing.
      • it accelerates really well to 60
      • no more lag
      • takes longer to accept “ready”
      • the “r” symbol for regenerative braking stays on two seconds after stopping,
      • regenerative breaking as a whole is much much stronger!

I was only able to take it for a quick spin.

Eddy CurrentEddy Current
        Participant

Same here with 2017 model. Does side stand switch work?

Sunny BSunny
        Participant

I haven’t tried but will report when I do!

By the way, this controller is really well mapped. Mode 1 is uesless like always, but mode 2 accelerates to 51 km/h (so real 48, which is moped legal), and mode 3 took me to 68. Wouldn’t go higher.

Sunny BSunny
        Participant

Side Stand switch does not work – meaning as long as “ready” is green, the motor will run.

Ale AleAle Grif
      Participant

hi guys!

i value to buy new controller for mine N1s. i have to choose the model after 3 /2018 because mine is e4 model.

question : speed max with other original parts will be?

range real in km?

other function of original model work again or there will be changes?

and for “life” of motor, battery exct.. can i have problem?

regards

Ale

Niusceptic ElingsNiusceptic Elings
      Participant

They have made some changes on the website of Ebuy
      See attached screenshot

Someone knows what is what?

Attachments:
      Ale AleAle Grif
      Participant

i mean is the versione fo 2017 n1s

John MikelJohn Mikel
      Participant

I bought the new controller installed it in 15 min can only fix one screw because it’s bigger. Looking now for a way to isolate it from water damage, thinking of gluing the box to the frame with some pattex one for all type of glue.

Scooter now drives around 55 to 75 depending on road slopes but the overall feeling is now I can blend in the traffic no longer the turtle of em all ;))

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by John MikelJohn Mikel.
      jonrellimjonrellim
      Participant

I have thoroughly read this topic and I’m considering getting one too. In rural areas you sometimes have to be able to adjust to the higher speeds of other traffic.

I have a 2017 N1S civic just like Eddy in earlier posts. It contains a Bosch motor. Seeing that he’s got the same controller mod from the ebuy website that’s probably my best guess to get.

I wonder about one thing. Do the original controllers that are built into the scooter differ a lot depending on what country you’re in? Or are the controllers always the same? I’m in the Netherlands and I would like to be sure thatΒ that controller is fully compatible with my model. I prefer not to run into problems with connectors or wires not fitting.

If someone here is from the Netherlands and has modded it as well, that would even be better to hear from.

Here’s a picture of my current original controller under the saddle. Sidenote: for some reason there were already two connectors loose, one with a black cable and one with a green-yellow cable. Both have a white connector that seem to fit into each other exactly. Not sure what those are. Anyone know?

Attachments:
      Matt HerbMatt Herb
      Participant

Today I found this Video:Β https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_in6aZtBiI

Does someone know this programmer?

Suen GGYuan G
      Participant

I’m in the Netherlands and have a 72182 Β at home that I have never used and im willing to sell it. I bought it off the eBuy7 link

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Suen GGYuan G.
      johan symkojohan symko
      Participant

Bonjour Γ  tous,
      Je m’appelle Johan je sors d’une Γ©cole d’ingΓ©nieur et j’ai craquΓ©e la sΓ©curitΓ© du NIU N1S. Je peux dΓ©brider votre vΓ©hicule sur paris sans aucune modification physique du vΓ©hicule. Le cout de l’opΓ©ration est de 200euros la vitesse maximale aprΓ¨s modification est de 65-70km/H lorsque la batterie est a 100% et l’accΓ©lΓ©ration est fulgurante ! Si vous Γͺtes interressΓ© faites moi signe : symchowicz@gmail.com

jonrellimjonrellim
      Participant

Okay, I’ve bought and installed the replacement controller from ebuy and the scooter runs fine, except for one small issue.

The gear switch is not working at all. This is something I was afraid of before I tried it. I have a 2017 model which uses the 3 positional switch and according to people here, with the replacement controller it acts as a push button. By switching to 3 and back to 1 it should still switch gears that way. The difference is that on my scooter even before having the replacement controller my 3rd gear has never been used. It went to 2nd gear fine but 3rd just never worked. It stayed on 2nd as I pushed the button to 3. So with the replacement controller I can’t use anything but 1st gear.

This lead me to believe the controller is installed fine but there’s something in the wiring of the button that makes the 3rd gear not work. With the service manual at hand I tried rewiring the 3rd gear wire to the 2nd gear connection point and vice versa, but nothing changed, it still doesn’t work.

attached is an image of the wiring beneath the buttons on the right hand side of the scooter, as they were originally. also an image of the pin wiring instructions.

Attachments:
      Eddy CurrentEddy Current
      Participant

jonrellim, I used the programmer to make controller boot with 3rd gear. No need for that switch.

You never used 3rd gear? How fast did your NIU run?

jonrellimjonrellim
      Participant

It was limited to 25 on each gear so all the 2nd and 3rd gear did was increase the power output until that limit. ie it would only accelerate faster. And I don’t have the programmer cable unfortunately. But if that’s the only workaround I may have to go get it.

Frank SagurnaFrank Sagurna
      Participant

Seems someone has a firmware to make the NIU faste just by flashing the Controller:

Frank SagurnaFrank Sagurna
      Participant

Seems like the video i posted is just a copy of this one. So be careful who you trust:

Eddy CurrentEddy Current
      Participant

That is the NIU programmer which we probably will not get hold of as it will be provided to service personnel only. For replacement controller you can use any programmer with FTDI chip or clones thereof. Those are only a few $/€ on sources like aliexpress or ebay.

Hello together I bought a n1s 2017 and now the 72182 Controller There was a cable but all in China wrongly wired mun I would need the pin assignment in the lingbo controller can someone help me there Thank you

jonrellimjonrellim
      Participant

Eddy, can you point me to somewhere they sell that specific usb cable I can use to program the controller? The sale page from the controller I have doesn’t seem to have that option, and most of the rest is in Chinese.

This is the controller <span>https://www.ebuy7.com/item/574038970322</span&gt;

Rens HoekemaRens Hoekema
      Participant

I have a n1s of 20-03-2018.

What is the controller I should buy ? The first or second one ?

See attachment

Thx

Rens

Attachments:
      Kim AlonzoKim Alonzo
      Participant

I connot get my 182 controller to work with my 2019 N1s. On 3rd gear it was only going for 33kph then when I release the throttle, it goes 50kph for a second (very dangerous). Anyone having the same problem?

Ale AleAle Grif
      Participant

Hi to all forum

I have one new ( never used) controller for N1s E4 ( from march 2018-> ) for sell. all new. i leave in Italy i can send to all Europe. is just ready plug&play with instructions. speed wheel on the air up to 93km/h on road 70/75km. mymail: alegrif@fastwebnet.it . regards

Benno SchmidtBenno
      Participant

I have a Controller “72182” for sale for the NIU N1s Model 2017. With this new controller your N1S will run up to 70km/h in third gear and exactly 50km/h in second gear. Model LBMC 072152/072182, by Ling Bo. Unfortunately I ordered the wrong part, I have a 2018 model. Would anyone be interested to buy it? I offer for 180€. It’s just lying around and collecting dust at my home… You can contact me at schmidtbenno(at)gmail.com

<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>To the admin</span>: I see that the valuable info of this thread is in the comments. The actual article referecnces only to the “solution” for the N1S model from 2017. –> Could you perhaps update the article?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Benno SchmidtBenno.
      • This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Benno SchmidtBenno.
      Attachments:
      movmov
      Participant

Hi, I just bought an niu n1s 2019 version and i asked my self if anyone tried to put in one of the controllers in this scooter? Will it work? It seems there are differences between 2017 and 2018 and I just want to be sure, before I buy any stuff for modding.

Thanks!

Suen GGYuan G
      Participant

I have bought the controller and set it up in my scooter. Everything works (the modes, cruise control, etc.) and the scooter does drive faster, but I have a problem.

The screen does not work properly:

• the ready button is constantly on
      • Speed shows 0 km permanently
      • the mode is stuck in 1
      • it doesnt show how much power the scooter is using

I have tried different hall cable connections, but the screen all doesnt show anything.

Do you guys know what the problem is? I connected the seller and he said that I burned the hall cable, but I installed it the proper way they gave it to me.

Participant

[quote quote=1853]Hi Enrico, I have installed the 72182 on my 2018 after March, and everything works as you describe. However, I notice that the ampere never reaches 100% even though I give full throttle. It stays on 80%. Is your ampere meter showing 100% on full throttle? If so, any thoughts on what might be wrong on my end? Speeds are according to your specs but the oumpf is a little weaker than before. thanks, S[/quote]

Hey Sancho,

yes that is completely normal, the ampere reaches 100% only in few occasions and most of the time is between 0% and 80% depending on the current needed from the motor. I still reach 65+ kmh without being at 100% ampere.

cheers.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Enrico AtworkEnrico Atwork.
      Philippe R.Philippe R.
      Participant

Hello,

I added a [b]Tutorial for hacking maximum top speed in firmware for electric scooter with controler LingBo LBMC072122HK2X[/b]Β  like Vastro Geco (Ugbest). Maybe it can help for Niu.

https://cyclurba.fr/forum/forum_discussion.php?from=1&messageID=543138#msg543138

This operations apply to standard LingBo HK2X controlers (not locked or specific), in order to remove software limitation of maximal speed, which is dependant of motor and battery.

[url=https://www.elektroroller-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=7772&sid=b7f5d8ef3d2fe002a300ba6b59b61c04&start=10]elektroroller-forum.de – eGrace Controller programmieren[/url] (Translation in Google Chrome)

[u]Required tools [/u]:
      – [b]USB TTL Converter CH340G [/b] CP2102 PL2303 UART FTDI Arduino 5V + 3.3V : [url=https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32390188346.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4ddlrUQv]AliExpress[/url] – [url=https://www.ebay.de/itm/USB-2-0-CH340G-TTL-Konverter-Adapter-CP2102-PL2303-UART-FTDI-Arduino-5V-3-3V/252713824136?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160727114228%26meid%3De364d19e8f2943eca8e0d60707108a14%26pid%3D100290%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D252713824136%26itm%3D252713824136&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507]ebay[/url] – [url=https://www.cdiscount.com/search/10/convertisseur+usb+ttl+ch340g.html#_his_]Cdiscount_[/url] – [url=https://fr.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20190806020801&origin=y&SearchText=USB+TTL+CH340G&switch_new_app=y]AliExpress[/url] – [url=https://www.amazon.fr/s?k=USB+TTL+CH340G&i=electronics&s=price-asc-rank&__mk_fr_FR=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&qid=1565086150&ref=sr_st_price-asc-rank]Amazon[/url]
      -[b] cable Dupont 10P male/female[/b] Arduino : [url=https://www.ebay.de/itm/Jumper-Wire-Kabel-10P-20cm-Steckbrucken-Raspberry-Arduino-Steckbrett-female/252715059964?hash=item3ad6fdcafc:g:CXwAAOSw-nRb4296]ebay.de[/url] – [url=https://www.ebay.fr/sch/i.html?_odkw=cable+dupont+male+femelle+arduino&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=cable+dupont+10+male+femelle+arduino&_sacat=0]ebay.fr[/url] – [url=https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20190806065431&origin=y&SearchText=male+Female+DuPont+Cable&switch_new_app=y]AliExpress[/url]
      – optional : USB male/female prolongator, to put PC far from scooter

A. On [b]USB TTL Converter[/b], connect [b]cap[/b] on jumper [b]5V [/b]and [b]Vcc [/b], in order to use [b][color=rouge]3,3V[/color][/b]

B. Install driver ([b]CH341ser.exe[/b]) / Connect USB TTL Converter to PC or laptop

C. Turn off scooter and disconnect battery

D. [i]Optional : disassemble trunk under seat, to access and identify controler [b]LingBo LBMC072122 HK2X[/b][/i]

E. Open trunk under seat and search for 6 pins connector from controler, going through big round hole (version 1)
      Open trapdoor with 3 screws, if exists (version 2)

F. Connect 4 cables between [b]USB TTL converter[/b] and [b]6 pins connector from controler[/b] on scooter, as explained

[b][u]USB TTL Converter Code > Color on controler 6 pins connector[/u]
      [color=rouge]USB 3V3 > RED (3.3V) [/color]
      USB GND > BLACK (GND)
      [color=bleu]USB Tx > BLUE (Tx)[/color]
      [color=argent]USB Rx > WHITE (Rx)[/color][/b]
      [color=vert][b]GREEN[/b][/color] and [color=orange][b]YELLOW[/b][/color] cables remain not connected
      If connexion error, switch pin [b]Tx [/b] and pin [b]Rx [/b]

G. Download and execute [b]LBMC GUI 4.0.0[/b] – [url=https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZBXscIUssj2y7akjxSmxm30SJVLfPGCa]drive.google[/url] – [url=https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0t8pifqy2p9b3s4/AABu0iZ9EM5A1bG1Kp-E7xUNa?dl=0]Dropbox[/url] – [url=http://www.lingbo-mc.com/content/?368.html]Lingbo-MC[/url]

1. Select English language with right top button (little fellow with bubble)

2. Select [b]COM [/b] port used by USB TTL converter in Windows devices manager (ex: COM3)

3. Click on [b]Connect[/b] button

4. Note values and backup parameters to a [i]Backup.FOC[/i] file, with “[b]Export[/b]” button

5. Go and modify “[b]Speed Limit Func setting[/b]”:
      > “[b]Speed limit enable[/b]” = [b]0:Disable[/b]
      > “[b]Speed limit ratio (%)[/b]” = [b]100%[/b]

6. Write parameters with “[b]Download[/b]” button and check/read with “[b]Upload[/b]” button
      [i]Version note LBMC GUI 4.0.0 – Modified : original “Upload” button modified to read, original “Download” button modified to write[/i]

7. Disconnect and test settings

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Philippe R.Philippe R..
      Kevin HennKevin Henn
      Participant

Oke, have some one tryt this?

Is this working?

Patching by dealer working mebay?Β  Some info please?

Philippe R.Philippe R.
      Participant

Previous trick works with unlocked LingBo controlers.

Niu scooters need to use a 2nd controler in parallel with 1st controler (locked and encrypted)…

James O'BrienJames O’Brien
      Participant

Can anyone clarify which model of controller I should buy; I have an NS1 bought in summer 2019.

Attachments:
      Doug Kd7fresh
      Participant

Hi all, I recently bought a second hand 2017 N1S and would like to make it a bit faster. If anyone has a 72182 for a 2017 N1S that they are looking to sell, please let me know by emailing me at “d7fresh7-bikes” at yahoo dot com.

For those of you that have done this modification, are you happy with it? Any long term issues to be aware of?

Viewing 123 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.