U1, first impressions

Home Forums Model discussion U1 U1, first impressions

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Iwan Van der ValkIwan
      Participant

Just bought a Niu U in Holland. Main plan is for use in motorcycle racing paddocks, where the Yamaha EC03 is quite popular for.

First impressions: size and weight are superhandy, fits in a van sideways and can be lifted by one person. Great finish, apart from the front blikers which seem attached to the handlebars like someone forgot to put them in the original design. Electronics on dash work very easy. Would like some more adjustment options from the app, like perimeter alarm and having the “power” set to one postion; no I have to switch to 2 every time again.
      What really is a #fail, is the charging cable with “brick” is huge and heavy and worst of all; does not fit (just!) under the seat. Why not put it in the bike and just have a cable coming out to the socket? Now I can’t bring the cable all the time, so there’s a much bigger chance I run out of power and will be stranded because of that.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Iwan Van der ValkIwan.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Iwan Van der ValkIwan
      Participant

Update:
      <3: Love the way it’s easy to put in the back of a van and just pull it out when needed.

πŸ™ Hate how the battery is emptied within 3 weeks when not in use, maily because of the GPS. Full drainage is bad for the battery and gives me an empty scooter.

=> If Niu is reading this: please come up with a smaller adapter in the charger (so I can store it IN the U) and make it usable as a trickle charger (so I can just put in on the charger until I need to use the scooter).

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.