Things I like and dislike about my N1s

Home Forums Model discussion N1 Things I like and dislike about my N1s

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Jorge MJorge M
      Participant

Sure, we are in love with our scooter (who wouldn’t!), but it’s true that nothing it’s perfect, and exposing what we consider flaws can push the company further and come up with better and better scooters.

As I said, this is totally personal! But after 300km with it I can already see those little things.

Things that I like:

-The styling
      -The SILENCE!
      -The torque despite being a 2018 model
      -The LED lights
      -The cruise control (actually I LOVE it)
      -The “light weight” battery. The fact that the battery could be removed was the only reason I bought it.
      -The floor mat, a little touch that I truly appreciate.
      -The seat! so damn comfortable

Things that I don’t like that much

-The turn signal sound. like really, they are way too loud. A mute option would be awesome.
      -The leg stand. Already adressed on the page. I have already touched the ground 3 times, and I am not even close of being an experienced rider. It makes me feel quite insecure.
      -The tires. Somehow they feel hard, which in wet places can be a serious problem. (CST C922)
      -The cord that connects the scooter with the battery. Kind of on the way of the battery.
      -The app issues. The fact that I cannot use one of the most interesting parts of the scooter it is ridiculous. I hope they fix it so I can move it to the things I like.
      -Some poor assembled pieces that show gaps. Nothing that cannot be fixed I guess.

What about you? what do you like/dislike about the N1s?

• This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Jorge MJorge M.
      Enrico AtworkEnrico Atwork
      Participant

Hi Jorge, I pretty much agree on your likes and dislikes, although I have just made 50 kms with it so far. I have the 2018 model.
      My scooter reached a maximum speed of 50kmh, 47kmh measured with gps on the iphone.
      Unfortunately, I still have no connection with the app, after two weeks it still appears to be in the shop I bought it from. The dealer says I have to wait a few days, but honestly I’m starting to think the problem is in the software, either in the scooter or the iphone app. I have the 3.2.6 version and I think I have scooter software version TRA01V03. I know this is not the latest and I don’t know if this is the reason why it does not connect with the app. What is your experience?
      Regarding the turn signal, I have managed to change the sound following the hack described in the post on this page. There are like 8/10 different sounds, I chose the least loud. 😉
      Cheers!

John MikelJohn Mikel
        Participant

Enrico try to unplug the battery and repugnant it while the scooter is outside with GPS signal and you’ll see the magic. Your app will get the data from the scooter… It’s a bug in their software

Enrico AtworkEnrico Atwork
      Participant

Ah, there’s actually one thing I really don’t like about the N1. Every time you turn the ignition key again, it starts from speed mode 1, very annoying.
      E

Jorge MJorge M
        Participant

True, that thing is pretty annoying sometimes. Another thing that bothers me is that the scooter can’t go past 18kmh once you reach 20% battery. I think it’s pretty ridiculous, with 20% at 18kmh I can make almost 20 km. 5-10% wouls be much better IMO. Also you make traffic hella slow.

AxelAxel
      Keymaster

[quote quote=609] I think it’s pretty ridiculous, with 20% at 18kmh I can make almost 20 km. 5-10% wouls be much better IMO. Also you make traffic hella slow.[/quote]

Well, while that’s really annoying to be a ‘wandering dune’ in traffic, this feature is meant to go easy on your battery. Li-ion batteries don’t like to be fully depleted – so that crawl-mode should remind you to recharge the hard way 😉
      BTW, the most recent firmwares lifted the limit a tiny bit to 15%. Check the FAQ entry and the topic in the software sub-forum.

Anders MagnussonAnders Magnusson
      Participant

My impressions so far. I’ve only used my n1s 2018 model for a couple of days and roughly 60km though.

I can sign under on all of Jorges impressions more or less. I haven’t tested the app at all yet though so I’ll have to get back on that.

One thing though. I’m very happy how responsive it is and the acceleration up to max speed (49kmh) feels very fast and it’s also sufficient for my needs in most scenarios. It’s a little annoying though that even downhill you can’t surpass the 50kmh limit because the scooter is actively slowing down. I assume there is no way around this since it would “unlock” faster speed by raising the effect even when not going downhill. It’s not a big problem but it just feels weird that you can go uphill at the same speed you can go downhill 😛

Humphrey van LeeHumphrey van Lee
      Participant

Finished the first 100KM today.

Mine makes a noise at the back wheel like something is stuck.

Seat quality is meh, plastic used on like the blinkers could be better. It is pretty stiff also. The app, should I mention this?

What bothers me the most is that the back is not 100% centered, I got more space on the right of the back-wheel than I have on the left? Is this normal?

Battery replacement is quite a hassle, not so smart, and for the price I would expected a % display.

Good things? Looks good, drives decent, silent, fits 2 easily. No complaints.

Charaf BatouCharaf Batou
      Participant

@Jorge M

You can change the turn signal by:

1. Holding the signal button to the left for 2 seconds
      2. Holding the signal button to the right for 2 seconds
      3. Holding the signal button to the left for 2 seconds

The majority of the sounds are awful. I did the procedure above I think 3 or 4 times and now have a sound that’s acceptable.

AxelAxel
        Keymaster

Jorge was looking for way to make the turn signal(s) a bit more silent. I guess the only way would be to experiment with putting a resistor in front of the speaker…

John GamononJohn Gamonon
      Participant

I think it would be a good idea if you edit you’re initial list of /bad points you’ve experienced. Lots of the bad points are solved or not bad as you did not know how to fix them (sound fi). However, just mho.

Gaston GadetNiu driver
      Participant

I drive the N1S pro. 3000W 4200Wh ( 2 batteries )

Pro:
      The smile on my face riding it.
      The power accelerating or driving uphill

Contro: ( all minor things )
      Lack of information on te big display. My old E-bike had more info.
      Color. I changed the body, now it’s all white
      Regenerate breaking could be more powerfull
      Mirrows should be standing a bit more outside
      Alarm

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.