Niu N1S slows down automatically (R message)

Home Forums Issues, problems & cry for help Niu N1S slows down automatically (R message)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Daniel BootDaniel Boot
      Participant

Hi i have a Niu N1s, now i had an upgrade, it drives 30, now while i hit 30 it slows down after a while to 26, and then i have to make speed again, it does that constantly, it gives a message on the screen: R

when i have my scooter “parked” and speed it, it doesnt do that, only when i am driving

any suggestions?

AxelAxel
      Keymaster

Hey Daniel,

Do you have a picture of that “R” message?

Cheers, Axel

Daniel BootDaniel Boot
      Participant

niudisplay

i could only find this photo, the R is next to the battery (on the right), it is an R with an arrow that goes around it, it means: Energyrecycling status; energie that is generated of braking will be re-used

it doesnt make any sense, to be honest it’s a bit scary while driving, sometimes when i pas a biker it happens when a car is coming from the opposite direction

guido caserottiguido caserotti
      Participant

Hey Daniel,

I have the same problem, usually in the morning.

Cheers, Guido

Martin StegemanMartin Stegeman
      Participant

This is not a big issue… I had the same.

Most likely one (or both) switches behind/under your brakes are not doing well. This means the Niu N1s thinks your braking all the time, but your not.

Solution: Spray the contacts with some contact spray and you’re good to go!

Daniel BootDaniel Boot
      Participant

no there is a device on the front wheel,  a small laser is slowing it down, so i removed the device from the wheel, now i dont have this problem anymore

Johnny VestbergJohnny Vestberg
        Participant

thanks.

At first my niu was locked for 25km/h, and the laser and magnet made mine auto break att 33km/h downhill..

So I removed only the magnet first, and I could go 45+ downhill and had no problem..

Then I replaced my controller so I could go above 50 km/h, and that’s when the danger accured downhill 52km/h or more and you release the throttle and it autobreaked very hard and fast from the backwheel.

So I opened up the front cover of my niu and disconnected the laser box aswell.

guido caserottiguido caserotti
      Participant

[quote quote=1401]This is not a big issue… I had the same. Most likely one (or both) switches behind/under your brakes are not doing well. This means the Niu N1s thinks your braking all the time, but your not. Solution: Spray the contacts with some contact spray and you’re good to go![/quote]

Yes …. This is the solution, thanks

Kyvinh TranKyvinh Tran
        Participant

[quote quote=1594]

Solution: Spray the contacts with some contact spray and you’re good to go!

Yes …. This is the solution, thanks[/quote]

Worked for me also! Thanks!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.