NIU connected to GPS and network

Home Forums Issues, problems & cry for help Software NIU connected to GPS and network

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Fredrik OlssonFredrik Olsson
      Participant

My 2018 NIU N1S do not connect to the network and to GPS unless i disconnect the battery and connect it again. Then it is on again. Therefore you can’t use the app. It will not connect to the NIU.

Is there a SW upgrade for this. My dealer says there will be an upgrade. Is anyone else experiencing this problem. I am in Stockholm Sweden

kungfulorekungfulore
      Participant

I’m expecting the same issue here in Italy.

This happens when I park my niu in a place where there’s no gps signal. This is normal of course.

The real issue comes when I drive back where’s the gps signal is ok: the software does not properly reconnect to the service (even if on the niu display I see both signal icons as “connected”).

The only way to get it working again is to unplug ad plug back the battery, as I read on this site.

kungfulorekungfulore
        Participant

EDIT: After I updated my N1s (2018 model) to the TRA01C10 ECU version the issue seems to be definitely solved!

Laurent BarrosLaurent Barros
      Participant

hello, I own an NIU version 2017 since May 15, 2018, the application works well, but when I open the application the GPS indicates that I am in another department (department 28) while I am in department 35, but when I press the icon of the man (bottom right on the map) the GPS tells me my location (on the map with the name of my street), so I think it is a technical problem that has not been solved despite the different updates.

John MikelJohn Mikel
      Participant

Did you try to unplug / replug the battery to “reset’ the GPS? It might work.

Luke OsborneLuke Osborne
      Participant

Hi There, I also had my N1 delivered a couple of days ago. Initially the app registered the bike, but wouldn’t update the GPS or info and like previous users still showed the dealers address (also every now and again it would flash up code 67 (faulty / missing sim card). I followed the steps previously described- un-plugged the battery for a couple of minutes then reconnected. The app updated with position and correct info. I updated the software via the app and so far (2 days) everything seems to be working fine 🙂

Luke OsborneLuke Osborne
      Participant

I can also confirm that the ‘hack’ for changing the indicator sound works as well- 2018 N1 UK.

James McNaughtJames McNaught
      Participant

I’ve had my U1 Pro for five days now, and the app constantly says that the vehicle is offline.

How long does it take for the system to register? According to the App, my bike is still in China.

remco Zillaremco Zilla
      Participant

For me, most of the gps issues are solved to replace the original gps antenna and bought one onlibe and placed it under the buddyseat. And NOT back in the front panel 🙂

Peter LandqvistPeter Landqvist
      Participant

I too have problem with the GPS and was thinking of replace the antenna. I did a search and one question come up. Is the antenna active or passive in the scooter? Which one did you bought.

/Peter

remco Zillaremco Zilla
      Participant

Ive bought this one.  Since i placed it under the buddyseat never again issues

€ 2,36 20%OFF | Auto Gps Ontvanger Sma Conector 3M Kabel Gps Antenne Auto Auto Antenne Adapter Voor Dvd Navigatie Nachtzicht Camera
      https://a.aliexpress.com/_eOneBb

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by remco Zillaremco Zilla.
      • This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by remco Zillaremco Zilla.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Miguel AlonsoMiguel Alonso
      Participant

Hi,

I still have that problem , no gps connection and cant connect the app with the scooter.

How did you install the antenna?

Thanks

Peter LandqvistPeter Landqvist
      Participant

I bought this antenna  https://www.navilock.com/produkte/508_Antenna/60543/merkmale.html
      But before the GPS started working again, I was forced to reset the ECU. I disconnected it and took it apart, disconnected the ECU-battery a few minutes. Then I reconnected it and the ECU, waited a while and them the GPS started working again.

Participant

Hi

Sorry I m new to this , just bought it last week. How can I reset the ECU? My status now is that I can´t see any data in the app. The Scooter is linked in my phone to my NIU account, but nothing else.

I have an Iphone although I tried also in Android and nothing.

I m really pissed off.

Thanks for your help

Participant

I mean how can I access to the ECU battery?

António GonçalvesAntónio Gonçalves
      Participant

Bought my NIU M+ Lite and still can’t get the right gps location, update the bike and the ECU is always at 1% in the battery section of the app. I disconnected the battery for a few hours and reconnected it. Later that day the gps eventually worked and stopped telling me it was in China but in the next day it stopped working and keeps saying the bike is still in the garage. I can’t update the scooter since it always says “poor signal, battery not connected”, even if its charging and outside of my garage. Other than that, the alarm stopped going off when I moved the scooter while it was locked and would only go off when I inserted the key and turned on the bike. Anyone got any clues of what this could be and how to fix it?

Participant

Hi.

My one was fixed by Niu customer service remotely.

Contact them I think they can fix it.

Good luck

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.