New 2018 or used 2017

Home Forums Model discussion N1 New 2018 or used 2017

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Jens PerssonJens Persson
      Participant

Hi

I’m choosing to buy a new NIU N1S 2018 for about 2500 EUR or a used 2017 modell for 17000 EUR (130 km) but I cant make up my mind. What do you say about this?

Regads

Nathan CocksedgeNathan Cocksedge
      Participant

Depends on the state of the 2nd hand model and if it is still under warranty.

Jens PerssonJens Persson
      Participant

It’s in good shape and about one year warranty left.

Humphrey van LeeHumphrey van Lee
      Participant

1700 and 130km (about 2 charging cycles?), I would take the 2017 and keep the 800 in your pocket. If you can miss it financially take the 2018. But the differences are not worth the 800 euro unless you want a new-new one.

(Why are they selling it already after just 130km? Is it ex-demo?)

Here in the NL the 2018 is 3000, so actually 2500 is already a good deal.

Jens PerssonJens Persson
      Participant

Actually it’s 3300 EUR in SWE but the guvornment has currently a refund of 25% for electric bikes and mopeds.

Jens PerssonJens Persson
      Participant

I’ve had a look at it and everything looks fine except a cyklic scraping sound from the back break. The scooter has been unused for about 2 months. Can it be that the breaks gets better when used more regular again?

Participant

To be honest I have the exact same problem since day 1, bought mine new. I’m bringing it in for service-check next week and I’m curious if they can fix this. Because it is annoying, but it is not all the time.

Jens PerssonJens Persson
      Participant

That doesnt sound too good. What year model is it?

Participant

2018 … 2 months old. It works fine, but sometimes I get that scraping sound for a few minutes and then it is gone again. Sometimes in the beginning, sometimes when I drive on a straight road. Very strange indeed. But I’m not worried, I guess it needs some adjustments, my dealer will find it.

Still very happy with it, with summer being here in NL I drive it daily and enjoying it.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.