Rust Problems

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Andreas ReimersAndreas Reimers
      Participant

[Mod: Moved from General Discussion/Forum Rules to where it actually makes sense]

Hi, My Niu has developed a severe rust problem after only 5 months time. Anyone else have issues like this?

AxelAxel
      Keymaster

Hi Andreas,
      Like I wrote in your original comment in the post, it would be very helpful to know which NIU model you’re talking about (N1s is what I would guess) and where you have the severe rust problem?

Andreas ReimersAndreas Reimers
      Participant

Hi Axel,

I´m quite happy with my N1s apart from quality issues.

Rust has mainly developed on the swing, stand and above the front struts. But I can see rust developing on many other places as well (even places that can not have come in contact with salt or had any other wear except rain and sun). The moped has been well taken care of and washed every other day during winter season.

Nils ÖsterlundNils Österlund
      Participant

Hi,

Is there any further news or feedback concerning rust issues?

Winter and salty roads are approaching in Sweden!

Our NIU N1S is a month old and after just a short rain the clamp around the brake hose shows clear signs of rust! I include a photo.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Sunny BSunny
      Participant

I recommend you buy ACF-50. I sprayed the entire bike in this liquid. It also removes some of the rust (I had rust on the clamp like Nils). The bike has no rust problems now. Just make sure the liquid doesn’t get onto the brakes!

Adrian CraskeAdrian Craske
      Participant

[quote quote=1347]Hi, Is there any further news or feedback concerning rust issues? Winter and salty roads are approaching in Sweden! Our NIU N1S is a month old and after just a short rain the clamp around the brake hose shows clear signs of rust! I include a photo .[/quote]

I can only agree they are crap. Mine is less than a year old cleaned weekly and garaged. Swing arms paint flaking brakes rusting calipers rusting. Urbanebikes have looked at it and washed their hands not interested. Of course unless your spending money with them. They are made of chocolate for 2k waste of money Chinese junk Wait for the big company’s to start making electric bikes.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.