Intermittent and jerky power after reaching max speed and coasting

Home Forums Issues, problems & cry for help Intermittent and jerky power after reaching max speed and coasting

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Al RayAl Ray
      Participant

After about 12 months, my NIU N1 developed a problem. Occasionally during riding I would turn the throttle and get no power. This only happened after reaching maximum speed (54kmh), the controller cuts the power off and I coast for a moment, but I could not get power on again until it slows to about 35kph. Even then, the power comes back very intermittent and jerky. Sometimes it would come back. Other times I have to slow to a stop.

At first it was very occasional, then it became more frequent…almost every ride.

There is no error on the display when this happens, and the diagnostic on the App shows no fault.

I had the controller replaced under warranty. This fixed it for a while, but then the problem returned.

If I can hit “cruise control” whilst on a moment of higher power it overcomes the problem, perhaps suggesting an issue with the throttle. So they replaced the throttle. Again the problem disappeared for a few weeks, but has now returned again.

I’m now right at the end of the 2 year warranty.

The local service centre here in Auckland (NZ) has no idea on what the fault is and how to repair it. If they borrow the bike, typically it won’t misbehave for them.

Anyone else come across this and have any ideas?

I love the bike otherwise, but this fault is really annoying as sometimes I’ll have to slow and stop and start again.

Thanks.

I have the exact same problem on my 2017 N1S. Did u manage to find a solution for it?

Al RayAl Ray
        Participant

Yes I finally got it fixed by the garage.

They tried many things – unsuccessfully. Replaced the controller twice, replaced the throttle, even replaced the whole motor – with no success.

They liaised with head office in China, even taking some video footage, as the problem became more consistent and got worse.

Eventually, over 12 months later, the problem has been fixed.

Head Office suggested “replacing the wiring loom”. I don’t quite understand what this means, but it seems to have fixed the problem. All good since. Hope that helps.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.