Front wheel hall sensor cable caught and pulled out valve

Home Forums Issues, problems & cry for help Mechanical Front wheel hall sensor cable caught and pulled out valve

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Luke OsborneLuke Osborne
      Participant

Hi there, apologies if this is replicating a similar post- I just posted something but it didnt show up. After praising the bike yesterday I was on my 2 mile commute this morning when I heard a tapping from the front, in time with the revolution of the wheels. Suddenly there was a bang. When I pulled over the hall sensor bracket for the front wheel was bent down, the cable was completely loose all the way up the fork and into the body of the bike and the tyre valve was missing. Either the valve worked loose and caught the sensor bracket which then bent and pulled whatever was holding the cable in place or the cable wasnt fixed in the first place and got caught around the valve. Also, the hall sensor is loose and pivoting. Either way, the journey was over, I had to walk it to a friends, borrow a van and take the bike to a general motorbike repair place and now leave it for a few days until he has time to fix it. Question is- has this happened to anyone else? How is the cable meant to be secured and routed? What is the position and distance of the hall sensor meant to be as this isn’t in the service manual. Any help and advice appreciated. Many thanks.

Luke OsborneLuke Osborne
      Participant

For the above post

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.