Error 12 or NIU just not starting

Home Forums Issues, problems & cry for help Error 12 or NIU just not starting

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Suen GGYuan G
      Participant

So again, my NIU is having some trouble. The problems I have is that when I start the scooter it will have some problems with the acceleration, its basically stuck and it won’t move. I get this problem as well when I drive over a bump too hard. The NIU will just show a speed of: 00 and the acceleration doesn’t respond, the scooter is still on though.

So I’ve been to a local NIU dealer and they said that my controller underneath the seat was loose and they tightened up my controller screws and wires. However, after a few days I just get the same problems again and I have tried to tighten all wires and screws of the controller, but with no succes with the scooter driving smoothly.

I get the error 12 whenever I drive over a bump and the scooter acceleration dies, however when it dies and I accelerate a few times the electricity will sometimes go through and it lets me drive again.

Error 12 according to the manual means too much electricity flow, but I doubt that’s the problem.

Jens StormJens777
      Participant

Hi, I have the exact same problem. Any suggestions? Need to get it to the dealer, but if it a simple fix?

Before this happened I had another problem with the battery. It was fully charged, but the Niu said it was empty. The dealer charge BMS. Could that be it?

Jens StormJens777
      Participant

Any solition?

Suen GGYuan G
        Participant

Hi Jens,

Basically what’s wrong is that the large cable that goes into your motorcontroller is just loose. If you reconnect it the connection should be better and no more errors.

Unfortunately when I drive now over bumpy roads the cable gets loose and I have to reconnect it, very annoying

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.