econn.eu (a warning)

Home Forums Dealers Other econn.eu (a warning)

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jorge MJorge M
      Participant

Going through reddit I came across with this thread, which announces a platform for people that have been scammed by the page http://www.econn.eu, which claims to sell NIU models in Europe.
      As you can see their page looks really good, actually pretty good. But once you start looking closer you see that there are things that doesn’t actually fit (according to the people that claim to be affected):

• Their content is a copy paste of other pages
      • Random Chinese content
      • They sell chinese versions in Europe
      • Fake telephone number
      • VAT ID taken from a company that has NOTHING to do with scooters
      • The address is a mailbox in Budapest.

As I say on the title, it is possibly a scam, not that it is. But certainly it looks shady at best. If you are going to spend several thousands on a scooter, please go to NIU.com and check the official dealers in your country.

More info in these links:

• This topic was modified 6 years ago by Jorge MJorge M.
      • This topic was modified 6 years ago by AxelAxel.
      AxelAxel
      Keymaster

[quote quote=658]As I say on the title, it is possibly a scam, not that it is. But certainly it looks shady at best. [/quote]

Hey Jorge, thanks for that head-up… and yes, it is totally, definitely and 100% scam… I’ve read about some German customers who jumped the gun and couldn’t wait for the official sale start and ordered there. Well, there are better ways to waste money 😉

Gregor BucevecGregor Bucevec
      Participant

Hello!

I can say that I am a vitcim of this fraud. The site looks ok and so were the resoonses from emails and everything. Maybe I was not cautious enough, I checked so I saw the company exists also the pages and It seemed to me It is logical that they converted the chinese page in english after all it is a chinese product.

I ordered it in 10/2016 just in time for my wifes birthday. Or so I thought. Firs there were endles exuses on the delivery service but they always replied. Then there was an email in broken english that they have trouble with chinese suppliers and that they are renting the bikes first. They even said they are going to expand to my home country of Slovenia and I will get the scooter then.

In the meantime I had enough and wanted a refund, which never happened and so on and so on.

And their page even expanded in all this time with new models and tracking service for shippments.

I also looked into suing them with european small claims procedure but It is very difficult to find the time and spending much more money to get back 1300 eur.

Now its middle of 2018 and I am thinking of just driving to budapest and taking what is mine mafia style.

Any suggestions?

and yeah, dont buy shit from this frauds.

Glenn EdellGlenn Edell
      Participant

Hi!

This is very good information.

I have also stumbled in to their website and was amazed by the price for the M1 battery costing only 550€ or so. That’s half the price from the Swedish prices.

I wanted to order one but i kind of suspected that something wasn’t right. I have been looking for information about the company and I got even more suspiscious when they weren’t listed as a retailer at Niu’s homepage. Hopefully they will be closed down in the near future and that as few people as possible will get scammed by these thieves.

Thanks for this very important post.

Glenn
      Happy Niu M1 owner from Sweden

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.