Dashboard clock not updating

Home Forums Issues, problems & cry for help Software Dashboard clock not updating

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Die EneDie Ene
      Participant

Summer time has ended for a number of weeks now and I noticed that the dashboard clock hasn’t updated yet, it is still an hour ahead of local time.

I’ve done the recommended troubleshooting; I kept it outside the garage for a day, I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes aswel as for a few hours and I ride it regularly. I also brought it in for servicing and the dealer (NIU partner certified) is at a loss. They are also unable to manually set the time using their official NIU equipment.

My suspicion is that, in order to set the clock, I need the NIU app subscription. I can’t find any information on what exact features are part of the subscription and which are free (if any), which is weird – how do I even know what I’m paying for? However the documentation says that the clock is set using GPS data, which doesn’t incur any service costs – only the cellular data connection ought to be paid.

Looking online, I can find plenty of posts about the app not working: that’s either a subscription issue or bugs that, from what I’ve seen, have been fixed in the past. However I see no mention at all about the dashboard clock not working, making this problem difficult to troubleshoot.

In my opinion, setting the time for the dashboard clock is a basic feature that shouldn’t be behind a paywall; it uses GPS data which is free to the public so I’m confused whether I have a rare malfunction or a ‘premium’ clock that requires money to set.

Does anyone, whose subscription has also ended, have the same issue as I do? Or does anyone know what’s wrong or how to set the clock manually?

The model is a NIU M+ Sport

I should add that literally nothing works within the app; no tracker, outdated main/ecu battery levels, both updating and doing a smart check returns that there is no connection, no ride history, no notifications, ect. Most of this is subscription related, but I expected updates to still work. Anyway, that might be information that is useful for troubleshooting.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by Die EneDie Ene.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.