Battery only charges through the scooter?

Home Forums Issues, problems & cry for help Battery only charges through the scooter?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Suen GGYuan G
      Participant

Hey Guys,

Recently, I’ve been having this problem with my battery where I can only charge it through the scooter, its weird because if I directly charge the battery the indication lamp that should be red stays green the whole time. But when I plug it into the scooter it turns red and charges.

I’ve went to the dealer to try and charge my battery with different chargers, but still the same problem. It only chargers through the scooter, directly into the battery and the charger stays green with no charging.

Do you guys have any advice? The dealer basically just said: I have no idea and I have never seen this before, so I am just gonna call NIU and ask them, you can come back again later. Which was basically useless. Its very annoying, because I have to connect a 20 meter cable down my window to charge through my scooter now.

Peter LandqvistPeter Landqvist
      Participant

Did you ever find the problem? I have just bought a NGT and that do the same. If I connect the charger direct to one of the batteries it do the same as yours. If I charge through the bike or via the split box it works.

And then I have another problem on top of that, it takes forever to charge the batteries. From 30% to full it can take 20 hours. Half that time if I disconnect one battery and charge one, so it seems that the charger cannot deliver full power…

James IbrahimJames Ibrahim
        Participant

[quote quote=5594]Did you ever find the problem? I have just bought a NGT and that do the same. If I connect the charger direct to one of the batteries it do the same as yours. If I charge through the bike or via the split box it works. And then I have another problem on top of that, it takes forever to charge the batteries. From 30% to full it can take 20 hours. Half that time if I disconnect one battery and charge one, so it seems that the charger cannot deliver full power…[/quote]

Was your scooter second hand? How many cycles were on the battery? It looks like your batteries are not balanced, and BMS having trouble to get the batteries balanced.

James IbrahimJames Ibrahim
      Participant

The problem is your BMS in the battery. It is probably partially broken. And now your ECU takes it over from your scooter.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.