App won't work on my 2018 N1s model.

Home Forums Issues, problems & cry for help Software App won't work on my 2018 N1s model.

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Jorge MJorge M
      Participant

Hello everyone!I will use this post to comment the evolution of this issue, maybe it will be helpful for other users. As I have already commented on “the app is crap” post, there are several people that are encountering this annoying problem. As the title says, the app won’t work with some (not sure if all of them) 2018 models.

I bought the scooter one month ago, as soon as I got it the app wouldn’t work. So I came to the post to cry, then Axel commented that I should wait 5 days until the dealer activated the service (if you just bought one just wait, you might get lucky). In my case the app would work once every 4-5 days and for a small amount of time.

I contacted the dealer, and the dealer contacted the distributor. Once they called me back they confirmed the issue and a few days later they confirmed that there was a BMS update coming soon. Fast foward 2 weeks and I take my n1s to the store to get updated, and the app instantly starts working just to stop 10 minutes later. Then I proceed to contact NIU through one of their social media accounts (instagram), and the DM me requesting an explanation of the problem. They read it, and now I am waiting for their response.

Now let’s see what they say. Anyone here that has gotten an answer from their dealer or NIU?

Enrico AtworkEnrico Atwork
      Participant

Hi, I have the 2018 N1s model with software TRA01V03.
      I bought it and registered with NIU 2 weeks ago.
      I have the iphone 7 with NIU app 3.2.6.
      I have never had any connection so far. My scooter appears in the app, but the data is old, from more than 30 days ago, it still appears in the shop I bought it from, with 40% battery.
      Dealer says I should wait, but many days have gone by….
      Cheers.

Jorge MJorge M
      Participant

It seems that you have the same problem than most 2018 model owners have. After 2 weeks it’s likely the case.

On Wednesday I have to go to Amsterdam, where NIU has their official store. I will pass by and try to gather some information.

AxelAxel
      Keymaster

It’s official… it’s a bug with the 2018 models.

One user of the german electric scooter forum got am PM via Instagram, saying they’re working on it.

I saw your comment, too, Jorge 😉
      Strange that Instagram seems to be the only way to get in touch with NIU… they really need to polish their int’l support.

Jorge MJorge M
        Participant

Thank you for the update ! At least we know ththat they know. It’s kinda something, right?

And I agree, I find super weird that their IG accounts are the only ways to get a response. None of my emails reached them.

Yesterday I thought it was fixed as it worked the whole day. But today it’s down again. I guess that they will notify us when it’s done. Hopefully it won’t take much time.

Jorge MJorge M
      Participant

Well, my app has been working for the past 2 days. I have hope, if tomorrow it keeps working I think I could consider it solved. Maybe they updated it through an OTA update, but they won’t even reply to my messages on ig anymore.

Anyone else here with a fixed app/BMS or is just a coincidence and is it still broken ?

Jorge MJorge M
        Participant

update: it seems to still be broken, but it works way more often than it did before. Maybe they are even trying! who knows.

Enrico AtworkEnrico Atwork
      Participant

Hi, after a month, still no connection of my scooter with the app. It is still showing it at the Dealer from 45 days ago. I have reinstalled it, rescanned the QR code, but nothing, I cannot connect with my 2018 N1S.

🙁

Anonymous
      Inactive

Received a “code” by SMS today. Now what? It still states user (cell phone) unknown…

Have new 1NS, from Holland.

Humphrey van LeeHumphrey van Lee
        Participant

Send a mail to netherlands@niu.com , they actually responded and fixed my issue with registration in one day.

Svante LindbergSvante Lindberg
      Participant

Hi everyone!

I had problems with the app aswell, but now it seems fixed.

My story:

I bought my NiU N1S here in Sweden three weeks ago and installed the app and tried to connect it but no success. After one week I contacted the dealer and went there so they could check it.

The reason I couldn’t connect the moped was that it was already bound to one of the guys working in the store. The moped was new to the dealer too so the were fiddeling with it but didn’t really know what they were doing. Once we figured that out I got the N1S into the app in my phone (android). The moped was still “offline” in the app.

I went home with my moped while the dealer contacted the importer, if the could fix the problem.

The day after the dealer called me and reported that NiU had fixed the problem. I tested the app again and now the moped was “online” but no gps location. I disconnected and connected the battery and tried it again, this time it worked. The moped is now online and gps is working, giving me the exact location.

I updated the moped to the latest version TRA01C10, I had to do it twice to work. With this software version you can switch the GPS off if you like.

Well, now it works, I hope it continues that way!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.