NIU M+ Lite 25 km/h

Home Forums Model discussion NIU M+ Lite 25 km/h

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Johan Lindbergmeep-meep
      Participant

Hi everyone, this is my first post and very nice to find a forum to discuss the niu electric scooters! I didnt find any thread for the M+ Lite so Im posting here.

I recently got a NIU M+ Lite 25 km/h. The reason to get the 25 km/h is that I use it to commute to work in Sthlm and where I live I need to go on the biking lanes and this is only allowed in Sweden with the 25 km/h scooters.

Im very happy with it except that I suspect that it’s not doing 25 km/h, it’s doing 23.5 km/h when it says 25 km/h on the speed monitor. As it is only doing 25 km/h I really want it to hit that max speed.

When I get the stats from the NIU app it says:

17.2 km
      40.22 min
      25.3 km/h

When I measure the same ride with my Iphone and another app it says:

15.47 km
      40.26 min
      22.95 km/h

I compared speeds with an electric bicycle and when the scooter shows 25 km/h the bike is at 23.5 km/h.

Anyone having similar concerns? Any comments are appreciated!

Tedd SoostTedd Soost
      Participant

Congrats on the new ride!

Where in Sthlm to you live and work? Would be great to meet up. https://www.myniu.org/user/teddsoost/

Where did you buy the scooter?

Johan Lindbergmeep-meep
      Participant

Just a quick update – at the first service I told the store about my problem so they did some modifications/updates with the software and problem solved!

dionis ticdionis tic
      Participant

Hi. I also bought one M1+ (limit to 25kph) in Netherlands.
      Its a nice bike, I would buy it again, but rinding in the bike lanes the speed limit at 25kph.. So I would prefer to go a bit faster, but its the way it is.

I’m generally happy, but frustrated due to some cyclists or motor scooters pass me

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.