Issues with my M+

Home Forums Issues, problems & cry for help Issues with my M+

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      peter schleijpenpeter schleijpen
      Participant

I’ve received my M+ about a month ago and have not been able to use it properly. It is a version that has been limited to 25km/h (due to regulations), but the maximum speed I can reach is 23km/h. When the road slopes the speed drops dramatically to about 12 – 15km/h.

I know that 25km/h is slow, but the bike feels underpowered, it simpy takes too much time to reach the 25km/h mark. I weigh in at 72kg, so that should not be the issue. I attempted to ride with a passenger, but that is not possible, especially on a road with a slope the bike simply stops and I have to walk.

I’ve had a 130! warning on my original battery, which has been replaced by a different battery last week. Today this battery (after driving with it for about 10km) also gives a 130! error and the bike just died from under me. The display is dead and won’t come on again. I had to walk home for more than an hour carrying the bike 🙁

I’ve send an e-mail to my dealer, this message here is to ask if anyone else has the same issue, or of anyone knows what a solution might be.

I’m thinking about asking my dealer for a refund, as I am kind of dissapointed in the product. I saw the online reviews and got excited about having my own NIU scooter, so far it has not worked properly and I’m loosing faith in the product rapidly…

Hopefully someone can help me out!

Johnny VestbergJohnny Vestberg
      Participant

Is that normal?

Lucky I haven’t paid for my order yet. The 10km/h uphill a slop seams really bad if that’s normal for a 25km/h version.

Participant

ok, mine goes to 27km/h and about 24km/h uphill. And I’m a 98kg dude. So pretty happy with that as the motor is only 800w.

With that said, I have another problem…
        I usually only charge the battery to 75-80% and only drive it down to max 45%  before charging- The estimated range seams a bit low for what it should be.

example:  72% charge.. estimated range 60km.. in about 14 degree celsius weather.

In the spec it said 130km for a 100% battery. Even if I shouldn’t expect that.. It seams kind of strange when I fully charged it one time, it said something like 87km, and the battery is new?

Participant

[quote quote=1726] example: 72% charge.. estimated range 60km.. in about 14 degree celsius weather. [/quote]

Sorry it should been 72% charge and estimated range 40km..   and to me it seams low for a 130km battery.

So basically to summarize: I’m to fat(heavy) and driving in to cold weather?

Chopper CooperChopper Cooper
        Participant

Unfortunately, Niu has adjusted the range down for the M+Sport.
        According to Nu, in ideal conditions in mode 2 (25km/h), 90kg rider, 25°Celsius, theoretically only 90km range is possible.

https://www.niu.com/en/m-plus/

Chopper CooperChopper Cooper
      Participant

First try the latest OTA version TRA01C19.

peter schleijpenpeter schleijpen
      Participant

Bizarre that they can just do that. Selling a product with ‘quickcharge’ and a 130km range, then not providing quickcharge and adjusting the range down to 90km.

Even with 90km I would be happy, the days that I was able to take it for a spin the maximum number of km’s was 55, then the battery just stopped…

At the moment it’s completely broken again, I get 190!, 111! and 99! errors, really frustrating 🙁
      Back to the dealership again…

The dealer told me that my electrical scooter would be so reliable compared to a regular model, less maintenance, cleaner, cheaper to drive etc.
      Unfortunately I cannot agree with him, nothing but issues, errors etc.
      The dealer is friendly and trying to help, but I’m getting really fed up with the situation 🙁
      If anyone can provide tips please feel free to do so!

Robin KjellströmRobin Kjellström
      Participant

I just made a new post regarding my issues. I had severe water damage and the head unit, motor control unit and throttle handle was replaced for the neat sum of a little over 10 000:- SEK (1 180$), luckily on warranty, THIS TIME! The mileage is about 4200 km.

Actually never washed it, it just couldn’t handle the normal degree of occasional rain/moist. I don’t trust the IP65 grade. Maybe it was just mine, but still.

Am I doing myself a disservice by posting and making it harder to sell? Maybe, but I bought it second hand and won’t lose that much money anyway. On the flipside, the new owner will get a new and perhaps updated dash and motor control unit.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.