Programming of Lingbo controllers

Home Forums Hacks, mods and optimisations Programming of Lingbo controllers

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Eddy CurrentEddy Current
      Participant

I am having problems with connecting the USB adapter to the replacement controller, model LBMC072182HJ3A. I tried two USB/serial adapters, WIN 10 and XP on two computers, lower baud rates and buffers, but no avail. LBMC GUI shows timeout. PIN assignments on provided harness are

VCC -> pin 29, GND -> pin7, Tx -> pin13 (or 23), Rx -> pin23 (or13).

VCC and GND lines seem to match the controller, as the LED is slowly flashing. I am quite shure that my problem is wrong Rx and Tx connections.

For orientation: orange wire (digital on/off signal) appears to be always on pin 10. Other assignments are inconsistent among controller models.

Could anyone connect to the programming interface successfully? If so, which controller model do you have? I will contact ebuy seven for complete connector pinouts of my controller.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Sebastian RothmayerSebastian Rothmayer
      Participant

Hi Eddy,

with which software you are attempt the connection ?

i have first the same timeout problem and its important to use the right software Version for the Controller.

By me worked the LBGUI_v121.18.0329

Here are some Versions i found

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZBXscIUssj2y7akjxSmxm30SJVLfPGCa?usp=sharing

Eddy CurrentEddy Current
        Participant

Yep, your version worked. Thank you. I thought I had all versions.

Jens PerssonJens Persson
        Participant

Hi

Where do I download the software? I’ve been to the lingbo page http://www.lingbo-mc.com/en/ but can’t find any software.

Also how do I connect the usb cable to the controller?

Brg//JP

Leo GeurLeo Geur
        Participant

Hi Jens,

Did you already find a source of the software? I’m battling the lingbo controller 72352 and the LBGUI_v121.18.0329 software still gives a time out error, even if I switch on the ignition. But I’m also unable to find a list of software versions of the LBGUI.

Or does one of you guys know what I need to use?

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Leo GeurLeo Geur.
        Jens PerssonJens Persson
        Participant

No I just downloaded from Sebastian.R’s google drive link. I don’t know if it’s the correct for me. I have the 2017 model. I don’t get the software to find the controller. I get the message “failed to open serial port com0 9600” even if I hav connected the controller or not. I don’t know if I have connected the pins correctly (See image). Have tried different positions. Also my computer is searching for drivers when I connect but it doesnt find any and I don’t know if its needed. This is really not my area so I hope someone can guide me in this.

Attachments:
      Eddy CurrentEddy Current
      Participant

I tried to reset tri speed key mode to “shift” because 2017 NIUs have a gear select switch. But there is no function, switch still acts like a button. so I changed the parameter to button mode and set power-on gear to 3, which I find handy.

Next I will try to stop the moped from behaving like a wild horse. Setting thottle response to “soft” did not yield any effect, so I will play with upper and lower throttle voltages.

Sunny BSunny
        Participant

This is very interesting! I love my new controller, but the startup in Mode 2 & 3 is extreme. Could you share your settings once you have found a good startup voltage value?

Rens HoekemaRens Hoekema
      Participant

Hello I got my new controller.
      I connected it and it is working great. But I also would like to have the first gear to have a max of 30 km/h .

The kit included a usb cable, where do I connect it ?

And a second thing is that my controller has a push ( pulse ) button. I don’t know what the function is of this button ?
      Do you guys know that ?

Attachments:
      Rens HoekemaRens Hoekema
      Participant

Hey I was able to connect to the controller and changed the first gear speed. I see there is a setting called “speed limit function switch” . Does anyone know how to use it ?

Kevin HennKevin Henn
        Participant

That is a really good question, i can’t find this anser anywhere, did you exceed to find out yet? Or somebody that knowing this?

jonrellimjonrellim
      Participant

I have the same situation as Eddy and Rens, same controller, software keeps giving a timeout message (and same odd push button).

The controller led blinks red indicating it has power. I have tried switching the rx/tx wires to see if that was the issue, but no luck. This leads me to believe the issue must be with the software. I have tried all different versions of software that is available, but it keeps giving the same message. Versions tried:
      LBMC GUI v.4.0.0
      LBMC GUI v.3.3.0
      LBGUI v.121.18
      LBGUI v.120.17

Somewhere in a document I have seen that some controllers require <span>LBMCV2.1.3</span> to program but I cannot find this version available anywhere. Anyone have this version?

Rens HoekemaRens Hoekema
      Participant

Hi LBGUI v.121.18 worked for me. Do not turn on the scooter when connecting It uses the USB for power.

Emmanuel VincentEmmanuel Vincent
      Participant

Hi All,

anyone to help me with v121.18.0329 software version ? got a Pioneer e-bike speed limited to 40km/h , want to increase speed limit but I am not sure which parameters to be adjusted , I assume it’s not the motor speed only…

thanks

Emmanuel

bob bobbybob bobby
      Participant

Hi,

I was following a tutorial to change settings of a lingbo controller, but the plug on my scooter is different.

The tutorial say to connect RXD to white cable (image 1), but my plug doesn’t have a white cable, so I tried connecting to the only unused pin on the 6 pin plug (image 2).

When testing this layout, the USB to TTL stick only has a red LED on, but when I switch RXD and TXD I also get a blue LED (both timeout on every versions of LBMC i could find).

The red LED is on when the USB in plugged but nothing else so I am guessing it indicates power.

The blue probably indicate data transfer but should probably blink to show activity (since the best I could get was for it to stay lighted, the wiring is probably wrong).

When openning my controller (ZWK060035 1200W) I found testpoints (image 3) with legends saying “3.3V SWCLK GND SWDIO GND TXD RXD” which could be a solutions, but is it safe to try?

I will probably try with that in a few days, but i’m not sure yet how to have a reliable connection to those points (last resort will be soldering pins to the holes).

Attachments:
        andrea volaandrea vola
        Participant

Thanks for share this, i have the same lifan with this controller.

Testing the pins for continuity they are also on the big connector:

13 tx

23 rx

6,7,16 gnd

29 3.3 volts

bob bobbybob bobby
      Participant

It worked by soldering pins to 3.3V GND TXD and RXD and using LBMC v121.18.0329

my controller reference is ZWK060035 1200W

in a Lifan E3 ( youbee city 50 / pink me )

2 last pics shows default settings

Attachments:
      kawel kawelkawel kawel
      Participant

hello how did you do because even soldering always an error

data packet length error

I tried all the versions without success

I have the ch340g usb key buy on amazon

bob bobbybob bobby
      Participant

Maybe make sure you have selected the right COM port, with the right properties :

Open device manager and see which COM port is added to the list when you plug the CH340G in your computer)

When I right click on it and show properties, in the port settings tab I see :

Bits per seconde : 9600

Data bits : 8

Parity : none

Stop bits : 1

Flow control : none

and here are the pins soldered :

kawel kawelkawel kawel
      Participant

its still does not work I check the parameters but always error

data packet length error

Fabio AntoFabio Anto
      Participant

Hi guys,

I’m trying to analyze the RS485 protocol of my SOCO CUX.

The data I have seen are the followings:

18:18:27.499 C5 5C 5A AA 1 97 96 0D
      18:18:27.543 B6 6B AA 5A 0A 42 4C 21 EF 0 0E 0 39 0 0 FD 0D
      18:18:27.642 C5 5C BA AA Const Const 0F 1D 1 10 12 0 0 0 3 1 0E 0 2D 72 0D
      18:18:27.665 B6 6B AA BA 1 0 1 0D
      18:18:27.771 C5 5C DA AA 2 0 0 2 0D
      18:18:27.794 B6 6B AA DA 0A 3 0 B1 1 1A 22 0 0 1 1 81 0D

They repeat continuosly even if the key is turned OFF.

I inserted two bytes as “Const” because they can be the serial number of the motor but this is just a my thought.

I partially decoded some messages but there are a lot of things unclear. If someone can help me to decode these data please let me know.

Thanks
      Fantonini

Attachments:
      Axel PervolianinenAxel Pervolianinen
      Participant

The super soco protocol has long been dismantled.

https://github.com/stprograms/SuperSoco485Monitor

Lukas MittendorferLukas Mittendorfer
      Participant

Hi,

So i read all your comments about programming a lingbo Controller.

I have a Super Soco Ts street Hunter and im trying to speed it up to around 75 Km/h and change some other settings

I do only have the big connector (30 pins) and tried this:
      pin 6 or 7 or 16 GND, pin 13 RXD, pin 23 TXD and pin 29 3.3V.

I tried these Versions:
      v120.17.0222
      v121.18.0329
      v3.3.0
      v4.0.0

On Com port 4 as the device manager says. but i get a Timeout at every Version.

Photo of Setup attached

Attachments:
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.