Battery Score

Home Forums Model discussion N1 Battery Score

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lorenzo MooreLorenzo Moore
      Participant

I just got a new NIU N1.

If I look in the app, my battery score decreases each full load to -0.1.

So after 3 full load cycles it is 99.4 (99.7 => 99.4)

Is it normal? How do you load, what is your score?

I read on internet it’s best to load battery as often as possible. I usually waited till 15%.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Lorenzo MooreLorenzo Moore.
      Dominik KosićDominik Kosić
      Participant

Hi Lorenzo, you don’t really need to bother with battery score in app. It is just like a game that shows how much you harm your battery. We have discussed at NIU technical training about this, looks like a lot of users are complaining about how much is it decreasing. So dealers have asked to remove that part of app.

From my point of view all of them are wrong and they shouldn’t remove that part of app. Even thought it is not 100% correct user will learn how to optimize battery usage with it.

You don’t need to wait for battery to drop below 15% actually that is harming more than helping. Li-ion cells are great have lot of battery density but with them you need to be very careful about minimal voltage. You should be cycling battery in 90%-30% range to extend its life.

I hope this helps.

Participant

Hi Dominik,
      yes, absolutely agree, that feature is interesting and should be there.
      Though, in official guidelines for battery life, it’s wasn’t quite clear what is the very best practice. It states, try to charge as it goes before 15%. and not ride after it goes below 10%. But if I do so, it still goes -0.1 every charge.
      My NIU is supernew, I charged it just 4 times in total, so I want to learn about battery & do best practice and don’t ruin it from beginning on.
      In your practice, does it reduce less when you charge it from 60%, or 30%? I was curious to compare, how many full-charges vs. battery scores everyone has, to see whether I am doing it right or wrong (or can do better).
      Afterwards I calculated, and that makes actually sense, even it reduces each time 0.1 after each load, it means ca. 300 loads = 30%. If I load it ca. 1.5-2 times a week, and might ride it ca. 20-25 weeks a year, that means 40 charges a year. Which means, I can use my battery at least 2-3 years. Which is fine, and what I counted on.
      The App of NIU is really great, from UX / Development point of view! (if one of NIU employees reads it, big thanks!)
      So just curious, what’s your score and how many full-charges did you had? And how often do you charge? Do you charge to 100%, or to ca. 90%?
      From now my strategy is more or less, charge whether possible after it goes below 70%, and always charge full. Don’t ride when it goes below 20%. Is it good?!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Lorenzo MooreLorenzo Moore.
      Participant

Hi Dominik,
      I absolutely agree with you, and think this indication is really important.
      So what I’ve read as well, it’s better to charge often. So even when it’s 50%-60%, it’s recommended to charge it.
      Another question, is it better to charge to 100% or let’s say till 98% is better for battery life?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.